san juan hotel-bringing kids

mom 37

What hotel would be good to stay in since we are bring our kids with us. Ones 13yrs. and the others 11yrs. We are just staying one night. All the hotels seem expensive. I am leaning towards the Caribe hilton or the Embassy suites dorado del mar. They are both $200.00. The San Juan Marriott Resort is being renovated but they only want $170.00. We will be on the plane for about 10 hours and should get into San Juan around 7:00pm.

Hi! We were just in San Juan with our kids, younger than yours (6 and 2).

Before the cruise, we wanted to do some sight-seeing in Old San Juan (El Morro, etc.) so we stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan. There is a small pool on the roof. One night some young men included my son in a game of toss with a tennis ball and the next night there were other children in the pool. I was able to finagle a room with a view of the dock, and it was great to wake up and see the ship was in! There are tons of places within walking distance for meals.

We stayed for one night after (mostly because we wanted to avoid the masses at the airport on Sunday) and we choose the Wyndham Condado. Overall, the resort is a little run down (small cosmetic things, no one of which was a big deal, but cumulatively they were noticable). However, the pool was a MAJOR hit: water slide, spouting dolphins, volleyball net in the water and swim up bar. There is a beach for playing in the sand, but it is along side a road, small and just generally not very nice. We didn't go in the water, but I've read there are some strong currents. I got a good rate here because we belong to CostCo.

Overall, we were very happy with our choices and would stay in either or both hotels again.

Any questions, I'd be happy to help. Whatever you decide, hope you enjoy San Juan and have a great cruise!

Mom 37,

I would avoid the Embassy Suites Dorado as it is a little over an hour away from the port and the airport via the toll road.

You may want to try the Embassy Suites San Juan or the Intercontinental Hotel.

Embassy Suites is not on the beach. The Intercontinental is.

mcboo:):):)

Hi, I stayed at the Intercontinental last October with a few families and a bunch of kids and they all loved the pool. Nothing fancy, but it has a waterfall. The hotel is also across the street from a McDonalds and an ice cream store if your interested in a late night snack. I would have booked again but it was full.

This November we are booked at the Marriott and I also heard they are doing renovations, but if anyone has stayed here I would love a review. The pools sound great and it is also on the beach.

Archived