Cave tubing with Reggie's Tours

JA-MDB

We just got back from a cruise on the Carnival Glory (5/7-5/14) and had a wonderful time cave tubing with Reggie's Tours. Since we had a reservation, we got the $55 price per person. However, their website (regtour.com) currently says $45 per person. Jamai was our guide and he did an excellent job. He entertained us on the way to the tubing site by giving us information about Belize and showed us some various points of interest. The road from the highway to the tubing site was very bumpy but Jamai drove it very well. He was a little more aggressive coming back just because he wanted to get us to the ship on time. We were given the option to either stay in the caves for a longer time or have a shorter time tubing but have lunch at the end. We chose to have more time in the caves and it was blast.

The hike to the starting point was wonderful as we hiked through the jungle and Lionel pointed out pineapple and banana trees. I was talking to him about snakes (since I read about that on this web site ;)) but he said that he has never seen a snake while hiking or tubing. However, we were both keeping an eye out for one and I had my camera ready. He said he's always wanted to see one but like I said earlier, he has never seen one. Oh...and I would say that the caves were too cold for a snake to be there but I don't want to start any arguments.

Before we got into the water, a group of cave tubers lead by Yhony cut in front of us without asking and basically just pushed us aside. He kept on saying "Cave-tubing.com coming through". I thought Lionel handled it very well and didn't make a scene but I'm sure he really didn't appreciate it.

I got to jump into the water from the edge which was real fun but I did touch the bottom with my feet. The trip down the river was very beautiful and well worth doing again. I highly recommend Reggie for your cave tubing experience.

Also, if you're worried about time, Jamai had us back to the terminal with plenty of time to catch a tender back to the ship. We were actually on the Glory when the last tender left the terminal.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi:

We're cruisin in November on the Valor, and we thinking of cave tubing. Since this is our first cruise, I had a question. If we book a tour outside the ship excursions, do the ship excursions get to tender first, and does Reggie Tours meet you on the pier?

We have cave tubed with Reggie twice and LOVED it--can't wait to go back to Belize to tour with him again, either on cave tubing or one of his other excursions. When you are riding the tender into shore, just look for the little lighthouse. You will have to walk through the pier terminal and make a right. His van/bus both say A-1 Tours and are waving green flags. Both times, Reggie met us just outside the pier wearing a green shirt and cap and waved us on toward his van, where some of his family members met us and checked us in. GREAT experience--Reggie is complete safety conscious, and provides a great time in Belize. The restaurant (Amigos) that he stops at for lunch on the way back is incredible--I find myself craving that Belizean chicken in that sauce all the time. Go with Reggie--you won't be disappointed!

Hi:

We're cruisin in November on the Valor, and we thinking of cave tubing. Since this is our first cruise, I had a question. If we book a tour outside the ship excursions, do the ship excursions get to tender first, and does Reggie Tours meet you on the pier?

The way Carnival did it (at least when I was there) was that they tendered the Carnival led excursions first and made everyone else get a tender ticket. They started giving out the tender tickets at 9 AM (ship time) which was 7 AM Belize time (due to Belize not using DST). They give you a number and tell you to wait until your tender number is called before going to the gangway. We were able to get off on the first tender but there was a long line for the tickets.

Reggie Tours does not meet you on the pier but was easy to find the specified location. All we had to do is walk outside the pier, take a right, and then keep walking until we found the vans.

Thank you all for this info! We heard about Reggietours from someone else who had used them for their cave tubing experience. We are going on the Miracle in August and I was thinking about booking cave tubing with them. A lot of my questions were answered!;) Gotta love these boards!:D Susan

Archived