Do you prepay gratuity?

CarenM

Always prepay then usually give our steward a little more $10 or $20 depending on the service. If our waiter is really good we will give him more also.

Are you perhaps thinking that prepaying gratuities and autogratuities are the same thing? I've booked cruises where to get the MTD I had to prepay all gratuities at the time I booked the cruise even if it was a year in advance where as Autogratuities are just added to your sail and sign card automatically during the cruise. I always do the later, I just prefer not to pay months in advance for reasons I've already listed. Every day that I can delay payment of those $400 in gratuities that I will owe is another 2.3 cents in my checking account.

Always prepay then usually give our steward a little more $10 or $20 depending on the service. If our waiter is really good we will give him more also.

Thanks! I am looking forward to my first cruise and am really baffled with the whole tip thing. We prepaid just because I stress so much in the planning phase. Everyone mentions they add for exceptional service but, you are the first one to give a $ amount. Thanks!

Archived