Airfare to nola in feb 2013

SIENA6334

:eek:I noticed that motels are going up in NOLA in February and several flights I have been checking on are sold out already to fly into NOLA on Feb. 23. Is there something going on that weekend. I have tried to check but don't seem to be having much luck seeing anything. Just wondering if maybe I should go ahead and book our flight now.

:eek:I noticed that motels are going up in NOLA in February and several flights I have been checking on are sold out already to fly into NOLA on Feb. 23. Is there something going on that weekend. I have tried to check but don't seem to be having much luck seeing anything. Just wondering if maybe I should go ahead and book our flight now.

Mardi Gras is sometime around the end of Feb . Also college breaks start about the same time.

What weekend? All you say is February.

What weekend? All you say is February.

OP mentioned Feb 23 in the post. Here's what I found with a web search:

"Mardi Gras 2013 is February 12th. That means the Mardi Gras Parades would normally start about two weeks before. But in 2013 the Super Bowl is in New Orleans on February 3rd. So, the first weekend of Mardi Gras parades will be moved up one week. Then we'll have Super Bowl Week and then it's back to Mardi Gras parades. I can't even imagine what this town will be like if the Saints win the Super Bowl. Even for a city that's always partying, it will be WILD. Don't miss the fun. Make your plans now. Get your King Cakes and get ready to party."

Sounds like it should be over by Feb 23rd so I'm not sure what the issue is, unless it's spring break weeks.

MY DH and I are sailing out of New Orleans (Navigator of the Seas) on Februay 23, 2013. We booked using FF United miles with the downside being a short overnight in Houston (around 7 hrs) before boarding an early morning flight the same day. That is only costing us $20.

Friends are flying out of Chicago and booked as soon as the window opened up for SWA. The good thing about SWA is should the airfare go down you can get a credit to use on a future flight one year from the initial purchase date. Or you can play the waiting game but with the price of gasoline going up it is risky.

Oh flight prices can change hourly on SWA and do not book on a weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived