MSC Divina - 4/27/2013

CruzSuz

• 1 month later...

We are travelling on the Divina 10/20 as well! As this is our first cruise, I would VERY much appreciate advice on organizing shore excursions. Do we need to do this ahead of time? Should I organize through Priceline, through which we booked, or through MSC? Is it easier just to book once we are on board? We are two families travelling with children and want to make sure that they see and experience all the beautiful and historic cities.

It realty depends whether you are joining at the start of the cruise where the majority embark or later in the cruise. If it's the start, you should have no bother booking onboard at the Excursion Desk. They often have more excursions available onboard that are available online or via TAs to book in advance.

If you are embarking a few days into the cruise, there is a risk that very popular excursions could be full.

The biggest risk with shore excursions for English speaking passengers on cruises in the Med, is that they get cancelled just a day before because they fail to have enough people book them to reach the minimum number for the tour. If that happens they will offer you an alternative if they can. Theybalso sometimes combine it with another language group, if the guide is multiple lingual and can handle it.

Hi, I think I may have created a roll call for this sailing, but my family of 4 will be on it.

We are going to stay 1 nt. pre-cruise in Venice and one DD will join us from Barcelona where she will be in school next semester. For the cruise we plan to DIY at Bari and Izmir. I have private tours booked for Katakalon and for Istanbul. For Dubrovnik we're thinking about a finding a taxi tour at port and then afterward just DIY. After the cruise a few more days in Venice and then a train to Rome for a few days (my absolute favorite city).

Great that someone else on the board will be sailing!

This will be our first MSC cruise too, but not our first Med. I am going to have to depend on all the other wonderful people on this board who will share after they go.

We are excited about the itinerary and about Divina. We're hoping things go well since we love to cruise and I like MSC's itinerary's better, not to mention more affordable with family of 4.

Oh and don't forget to go on the Med ports section on this board. That's how I found information about the ports and suggestions for transportation, hotels in Venice, private tours and ways to DIY. I LOVE THIS BOARD!!!!

• 3 months later...

Hi

we are from Italy, therefore english is not our first language.

Anyway last spring we were on a NCL cruise and we enjoyed the Meet and Mingle/Roll Call we had.

We are middle-aged parents traveling with our youngest son aged 9.

A friend of us and her daughter will be with us,too.

We've done many cruises with Costa but it's our second one with MSC and we expect a better vacation as Divina seems to be a very nice ship.

From Izmir we'd like to get a shore excursion to Ephesus, but we don't like to join the bus trips; I think we'll get a taxi.

We'll be glad to exchange opinions and suggestions with our cruise-mates.

Rgs

Archived