Question for CPAP users

Hi there:

I am already going to bring an extension cord thanks to previous advice on CC.

My question today after seeing video of room:

Can they take the lamp off the night stand so I can put my machine on there?

Thanks,

Because of possible high seas they're usually bolted to the end tables but each ship is different

Hi there:

I am already going to bring an extension cord thanks to previous advice on CC.

My question today after seeing video of room:

Can they take the lamp off the night stand so I can put my machine on there?

Thanks,

I usually put mine on the pedestal "coffee table" and get it fairly close to the bed. That is where it stays for the duration of the cruise.

I hadn't even though about it after I settled the extension cord thing.

Then I went to a link someone posted of a balcony room and there I saw the tiny nightstand with the lamp. Made me think where the heck does my CPAP go?

I have done the chair thing before at a hotel, but now i have options with the table suggestion as well.

Thanks all,

You can't take the lamp off but there was a lower shelf on the night stand that I used for my CPAP. I think my husband put his on the floor. I have always brought an extension cord and never had a problem with it being taken away but after reading comments on these boards and on Carnival's boards, I'm going to call and make sure I can have one for medical reasons. I remember that the only plug was across the room and I had to step over the cord (since we both use it) every time I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. The best night was when we went to the Ticket to Ride show and they passed out glow sticks. I put the sticks around the cord so I could see it in the dark. :)

We were on a cruise a few weeks ago and we had 2 cpaps hooked up in one room (9B) and one in a balcony room. My husband put his inside the nightstand, I put mine on top and my son tried his on the sofa and it fell off in the night so he kept it on the floor.

We found that it worked well to run the extension cord to the foot of the bed, and then run the cord from the cpap diagonally under the bed to plug it in. That way we had the least amount of cord on the carpet to trip on.

The lamps on the nightstands are attached, but since they have to move the nightstands depending on whether you get your beds together or separate, you can pull it out from the wall a bit. I put mine behind the lamp and just pulled the nightstand out about 2 inches to make enough room for it. I then used the finial on the lamp to hand my headstrap on during the day so it didn't end up on the floor. :)

DSC6611-copy-copy-M.jpg

Thanks for the picture, Jpod. That's a good idea. My new CPAP is much smaller than the old one so this should work for me on our next cruise. I do remember the cord being the main issue since we both had to use it. I guess I understand why they don't have several outlets but you'd think they'd have one nearer the head of the bed. Even in hotels, the outlets are near the floor behind the bed and I have to move the furniture to be able to plug in our machines at night.

Thanks for the picture, Jpod. That's a good idea. My new CPAP is much smaller than the old one so this should work for me on our next cruise. I do remember the cord being the main issue since we both had to use it. I guess I understand why they don't have several outlets but you'd think they'd have one nearer the head of the bed. Even in hotels, the outlets are near the floor behind the bed and I have to move the furniture to be able to plug in our machines at night.

Actually...There is a plug behind the bed but its 220V. My CPAP is dual voltage. Just used the 220V adapter that came with it and plugged it in there (you lose the bedside lamp though). I think this was on Freedom taht I did this.

Archived