Advice on visas - MSC Davina Eastern Mediterranean

happytravellers2

We have booked the Eastern Mediterranean cruise on MSC Davina for June next year, and would appreciate any advice on visas for the various ports as I am getting little help from MSC.

I have both UK and South African passports, but my wife has only South African.

I understand she needs a multiple entry Italian Schengen visa, and believe that this will be ok for Greece, but don't know about Turkey and Croatia.

We plan to do our own thing in the port cities and not take the MSC excursions.

We will depart from Venice and plan to spend a couple of days there before the cruise.

We have booked the Eastern Mediterranean cruise on MSC Davina for June next year, and would appreciate any advice on visas for the various ports as I am getting little help from MSC.

I have both UK and South African passports, but my wife has only South African.

I understand she needs a multiple entry Italian Schengen visa, and believe that this will be ok for Greece, but don't know about Turkey and Croatia.

We plan to do our own thing in the port cities and not take the MSC excursions.

We will depart from Venice and plan to spend a couple of days there before the cruise.

The easiest is to contact the Croatian Embassy because I believe that next year they will incorporate themselves into the Schengen States.

For my next cruise with HAL in a couple days time I got an Italian multiple entry and took it to the Croatian Embassy for a Croatian visa and I was told that currently and only until end December 2012 you can enter Croatia on a Schengen Type C (multiple entry tourist) or Type D (long term work) visa.

As for Turkey, I believe it is a visa on arrival - if you can't get through to the embassy call Turkish Airlines and pretend you an interested potential customer ;-)

Archived