Dumbest Cruise Rule Ever!

nealstuber

Nominees for Dumbest Cruise rule Ever...  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Nominees for Dumbest Cruise rule Ever...

• No limes in your Corona Bottle
    • No Fishing of the Ship
    • No trays at the Buffet
    • No F deck
    • No Power Cords
    • No Steak Knives
    • No name changes on bookings
    • No Rate chages to existing bookings.
    • No Smoking on you Private Balcony
    • Smoking permitted someplace

She can go on a cruise at 21. She just can't have anyone under the age of 21 in her room with her unless she's 25.

Yes, this is true. Unless you are married. If you are a legally married couple and under 21, you can cruise without an adult over 25 in the same cabin. Because you know...married people don't do anything bad or immature so that makes it OK.

lol, cruise line drink prices aren't that much worse than a lot of bars and lounges in downtown Orlando. They're probably cheaper than prices in really big or trendy cities like NY or Miami.

They charge more than it costs them, BFD, that's business.

Yes, definitely cheaper than in NYC! So it doesn't bother us at all because we're used ot higher drink prices than cruises. The same thing happens when I look at reviews of restaurants at Disney World...a lot of people complain that the food is too expensive and they don't pay those prices to go out to eat normally at home, but for us in NY it is about the same. It just depends on what each individual is used to, that's all.

A rule that I don't like/understand is that if you book a cabin with someone else and then for whatever reason that person cannot go on the cruise, they have to be canceled out and lose money. I don't understand why you can't just replace them with another person. The number of passengers doesn't change, you're switching out one person for another one. When the cruise is booked and the names are added to the booking no proof of identification is necessary, so what's the big deal about changing the name of a passenger?

A rule that I don't like/understand is that if you book a cabin with someone else and then for whatever reason that person cannot go on the cruise, they have to be canceled out and lose money. I don't understand why you can't just replace them with another person. The number of passengers doesn't change, you're switching out one person for another one. When the cruise is booked and the names are added to the booking no proof of identification is necessary, so what's the big deal about changing the name of a passenger?

I suppose that this is because in the cruise contract, you lose money at a certain date (after final payment, for example...and even different rules for ES on Carnival), so the person who was originally in the cabin is responsible for this loss if they cancel. But I understand your concern...if someone else is taking their place with the other passenger in the same cabin, then the number of passengers doesn't change and the cruise line doesn't lose money over the potential to have booked the cabin to someone else during that time.

Not allowing price adjustments (OBC) for Past Guest bookings... Hello? We're the ones that keep coming back, lol.

I understand that you can get a room upgrade, but for example, we're already in a GS in September, there is nothing better to upgrade too.

You can pay a change fee for many rate types and do this. My guess it that it's to deter price speculating/reselling/scalping of tickets, like what happens at concerts/sporting events.

Disclaimer to 3rd parties: This is a total SWAG. I have zero evidence to support my opinion/guess and am not interested in defending my statement. :D

Submit your nominations for the Dumbest Cruise Rule Ever here:

My submission is the "NO LIMES IN CORONA BOTTLES" rule. Apparently limes in the bottles mess up the recylcing regime so you can either have it in a glass with the lime or bottle sans lime (provided you are not on the pool deck)

Give me a break.

Ok, so now that we have 10 nominations, I have attached a poll for you to vote. Winner of the dumbest cruise rule ever gets all the cocktails you can drink on your next CCL cruise during the 1 hr Captains party or a free drink coupon to the Comedy Brunch (Valid only for Danielle S. on a Magic sailing on the August 5th 2012 sailing- My choice).

Couldn't vote. Still think the dumbest rule is "contractual limitation on drinking age that differs from drinking age under local and maritime law"

Sorry I missed yours when I compiled my list. Still trying to figure out who acutually has jurisdiction in international maritime law (or international copyright law for that matter).

That's pretty funny anyway. The idea of the lime was to run the rim to keep the flies off. Wonder which bubba thought you were supposed to add it to the beer and started a craze.

You would be suprised I think budlight lime is $6.25.Thats crazy for a beer

My girlfriend and I were talking about it and she said a dumb rule is that you can buy a bottle of alcohol but can't take it back to your room and drink it.

Do you mean the duty free stuff, because you can buy a bottle of liquor from the bar/room service (Bon Voyage) and bring back to your room) The duty free stuff, is the same rule as bringing it on when you board. Basically to "make" you buy the alcohol from the cruise ship. :rolleyes:

Do you mean the duty free stuff, because you can buy a bottle of liquor from the bar/room service (Bon Voyage) and bring back to your room) The duty free stuff, is the same rule as bringing it on when you board. Basically to "make" you buy the alcohol from the cruise ship. :rolleyes:

Like if you go to the shops and buy a bottle of johnny walker, how they keep it until the last night if the cruise. I mean spending $160 on a bottle of JW blue, I would like to have it during my cruise, not at the end.

It is my understanding that Disney allows you to bring on as much booze as you want and from what I've read recently HAL does, also.

Probably, but they charge you so much for your fare that they dont have to make it up with booze sales!:D

Actually this is smart. I don't want a drunk spilled on me or the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

i wish there were no drinks allowed in the pools. On our last cruise - there were lots of people drinking AND smoking in the pools - plenty of security around. Nothing was done, anyway. PS also there were lots of babies in the pools with diapers - signs all over the place and NOTHING was done. sorry for the rant.

i wish there were no drinks allowed in the pools. On our last cruise - there were lots of people drinking AND smoking in the pools - plenty of security around. Nothing was done, anyway. PS also there were lots of babies in the pools with diapers - signs all over the place and NOTHING was done. sorry for the rant.

Ive always noticed security does nothing on the ships.Gotta love the people in the hot tub for 3 hours drinking and drinking and never getting out to pee.Pretty nasty

Archived