2pm flight post cruise- time for side trip?

Annabanana3

Our cruise ship docks at 8:30 and our flight time is 2pm. Is there anything to do in or around the airport? We were thinking of checking our bags at the airport and then going off to do something with our time. Can anyone help me with timeframes and suggestions of what we could do? Also, is it possible to check your bags at the airport and then leave? We are flying to Canada on Airtransat if this helps?

thanks for any suggestions!

I assume that you are talking about Barcelona. If so.. the airport is a 20-25 minute ride from the port. You will need to be there two hours before your flight. If the ship docks at 8:30... you may not be off until 9:00 or later depending how fast it clears customs. So realistically you have from 9:00AM- 12:30 to explore Barcelona.

Does your cruise line offer a tour on the day of disembarkation? This way luggage isn't a problem and you'll be in an airconditioned bus that drops off at the airport. This would be the best bet.

Otherwise- I'd probably do a private 1/2 day tour for the day and arrange for the tour driver to take you to the airport.

Archived