Oceania's Insurance

rayjames7

New to Oceania and can't find the information on the Insurance Cost for the Insurance they provide and which company provides it....can anyone help? I know some companies don't cover certain airlines and if Oceania doesn't divulge the airline prior to payment, I feel then we are limited to choosing their insurance??! Any input is much appreciated..!

New to Oceania and can't find the information on the Insurance Cost for the Insurance they provide and which company provides it....can anyone help? I know some companies don't cover certain airlines and if Oceania doesn't divulge the airline prior to payment, I feel then we are limited to choosing their insurance??! Any input is much appreciated..!

I always suggest third party insurance..go to insuremytrip.com and pick an insurance company that best fits your needs..

Jancruz1

Jan is absolutely correct!

There have been numerous threads regarding this issue over the years, and all have concluded a third party insurance policy is best. It takes a little time, possibly, but the added safety (some even cover such unlikely things as the bankruptcy of the cruise line - and based on the CC News there have been a couple of times the last two years when that would have kicked in for some of now-defunct cruise lines) is reassuring.

Good luck, and have a great cruise.

If the cruise company goes bankrupt, you may lose both your cruise and your insurance. So get your insurance from a third party. Or if you charge with a credit card, so of them provide insurance for the cost of the trip. Emergency medical evacuation insurance is another issue.

had bad experience in past,,,now get "terrorism" ins,,(determined by state Dept..NOT cruiselines agent..esp.for some ports..had this problem with Egypt river cruise.

Also, want one that gives cash back,,,,not just another cruise date,,,you just never know..

I also opt,,for cancel for ANY reason,,costs more...but less hassle in long run.

Take a little time to really shop around the various sites and get exactly what YOU need.

Remember,,usually DONT have to use this(thank god) but when and if you do,,,,all the little details DO MATTER>;)

Archived