Which cruise for teen- NCL or Carnival

sunlover81

Hello-

We have an only child- 13 ( will almost be 14 at time of cruise ) and we're looking to book a cruise during spring break next year- around the middle/end of March. Our son has a hard time 'breaking the ice' but once that ice has been broken he's fine. I'm torn between the NCL Epic or the Carnival Breeze. Just trying to figure out which may be the better cruise line for teens and hoping there will be enough on board he'll find some friends and have a great time. Any recommendations either way ? We we're also considering the Allure of the Seas around the same time but my husband is leaning more towards the NCL or Carnival sailings.

We've considered having him bring a friend along but we're up in the air about this- First finding a friend who's parents would be willing to allow them to travel out of the country with us, and secondly the added responsibility of caring for another child not our own outside of the country. He's brought friends along on previous trips but never out of the country or on a cruise.

Thanks for any suggestions :D

Hello-

We have an only child- 13 ( will almost be 14 at time of cruise ) and we're looking to book a cruise during spring break next year- around the middle/end of March. Our son has a hard time 'breaking the ice' but once that ice has been broken he's fine. I'm torn between the NCL Epic or the Carnival Breeze. Just trying to figure out which may be the better cruise line for teens and hoping there will be enough on board he'll find some friends and have a great time. Any recommendations either way ? We we're also considering the Allure of the Seas around the same time but my husband is leaning more towards the NCL or Carnival sailings.

We've considered having him bring a friend along but we're up in the air about this- First finding a friend who's parents would be willing to allow them to travel out of the country with us, and secondly the added responsibility of caring for another child not our own outside of the country. He's brought friends along on previous trips but never out of the country or on a cruise.

Thanks for any suggestions :D

I have 2 teens who have sailed NCL and CCL. The demographics of the people sailing on both cruiselines and the kids clubs themselves are very similar. If I were you, I would base my decision based on which offers more that you want out of your vacation for the price you are willing to pay. NCL Epic has better entertainment than any CCL ship I have been on and my DS loved the basketball/soccer courts on NCL much better than the ones on CCL.

we have not been on NCL but DS did not like the teen program on carnival. Him and a bunch of other teens ended hanging out on the jogging track. DS did love the Oasis teen program ( it would be the same as allure) . One main problem he said carnival only had one room for the teens. so when it was dance time it was to noisy to just talk if you didnt want to dance. On oasis class ships the teen club is actually 2 different rooms. one for the nightly disco and one for all else. in the hang out room there are multiple video game consuls (free) a computer section (you have to pay for internet if your son wants to use) a large screen tv to watch movies , play guitar hero and other games. they have a bunch of couch cushions on the floor for the kids to sit on. there is a round bench area with a bunch of bean bags if the kids just want to chat. they have a small music room if the kids want to play a guitar. they also have a teens deck area where only the kids can hang out. DS loved it so much he wanted to live on the boat. They also had dj scratch academy where they teach the kids how to dj . if they go to all the classes they get a tshirt. No matter what line you choose make sure to go on the first night , that is when they form their friend groups for the cruise.

Archived