Need help making plans please!

like2cruise

Hi Everyone...we are getting excited about our upcoming back2back cruise, but we still need help with our Barbados plans. It is our 5th port in a row and we are already doing a 4X4 tour, a catamaran tour, a snorkeling tour in other ports so looking for something different in Barbados. I love animals and I think I would enjoy seeing the green monkeys. Can we get a cab to just go there? How far is it from the pier? How much is the cab fare to go there? Is it worth the time? I am also hoping someone can tell me places where we can walk to that are worth seeing in Barbados. We love walking and may be ready to have a day to kind of go out on our own vs. a tour. I would love and appreciate any feedback or guidance. Thank you so much! :)

Yes, you can take a cab to the Wildlife Reserve. Not sure what the cost is. Here is a website for cruise passengers to Barbados, which may give you some idea of what there is to do in the time you have:

http://www.cruisebarbados.com/barbados_things_to_do.cfm

Since you've indicated you are up for a walk, I would suggest you walk into Bridgetown from the port, and then take a walking tour of town. You can pick up a brochure at the terminal that will show the historic sites. Sit at a cafe in town and have a drink (the local beer is Banks), and people-watch. You'll also pass Pelican Village, where crafts and other "made in Barbados" items are sold, if you're looking for souvenirs. One warning; as you walk, you'll be asked numerous times by the cabbies if you're looking for a tour. They're not rude or overly aggressive, just persistent. If you say "no, thank you" and keep walking, you won't be bothered until you encounter the next cabbie. :)

Becki

Archived