Marriott or Doubletree Biscayne Bay - Which would you choose?

BlueJai

Hi all,

We are booked for the Sky and Sun in February. We are doing the weekend trip on Sky and then coming back to port for 2 days before going on the Sun (Can't Wait!!:))

We have been searching the boards and reading trip advisor and think we have come down to two hotels for the in between days.

We are wanting something close to the port but really want a nice view of the port and a balcony. The Marriott Biscayne Bay and the Doubletree by Hilton Biscayne Bay both look nice. The Marriott is a little more expensive - really trying to keep it under 650.00 - 700.00.

Does anyone have any recommendations between these hotels? Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Bluejai

Hi - I just booked the Marriott for 3 rooms for March 2013. It is for Good Friday, and I'm glad I did it today!! Includes breakfast, and for my kids 2 rooms, shuttle to port and 2 cocktails!!:o

Is the transport to the pier something they normally provide or is it part of a special. Have booked 2 rooms in Dec and didnt see anything about transportataion. Thanks for the help

Tom

Stayed at Doubletree Biscayne Bay in June and it was just ok. It is an older building which the DT occupies only a few floors. The room was good sized and comfortable. They charge $10.50 per person for their POM shuttle but we (4) took a cab for an $11 fare and tipped the driver $9. On the ground floor of the building is a small retail shops area which had a decent deli which was open for breakfast.

Would I stay there again? Yes, if there was nothing else at a comparable price. Next time will look at Marriot, Omni or stay near the airport.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

I always book directly with the hotels, and asked if there were any specials going on for booking. Normally, they do not have a shuttle, like alot of others do, mostly the ones near the airport. They charge a little extra and will check what specials there are. For hubby and I no need for shuttle because we live in FL and are driving and parking at the port. When I asked about the shuttle, the reservationist mentioned for $10/per room it would include the shuttle and 2 cocktails!!:rolleyes:

Archived