Setting up a SeaPass card with cash

Hi everyone! I'm the crazy Girl Scout leader who posted earlier. Quick history....I'm taking 9 Girl Scouts (ages 14 and 15) on a 3 night cruise in May of 2013. I have another question! So...now I know that I can set up my girls with SeaPass cards that can be funded with cash. Does anyone know the minimum that is needed to set this up for each card. For example, can I take my girls to guest relations and have them set up a SeaPass card with as little as $20 on it? I know that sounds crazy but I may have a girl who just simply wants to buy a T-shirt in the shops. I try to cover EVERY question my parents will ask and believe me...they will ask about this one! AND...how exactly does it work if, say, they put $50 on a card and the purchase is $51? Do they refuse the card or do you get a call for them to go back down and add more money? If someone could walk me through this whole "SeaPass" world...I'd be tremendously grateful!:o

Hi everyone! I'm the crazy Girl Scout leader who posted earlier. Quick history....I'm taking 9 Girl Scouts (ages 14 and 15) on a 3 night cruise in May of 2013. I have another question! So...now I know that I can set up my girls with SeaPass cards that can be funded with cash. Does anyone know the minimum that is needed to set this up for each card. For example, can I take my girls to guest relations and have them set up a SeaPass card with as little as $20 on it? I know that sounds crazy but I may have a girl who just simply wants to buy a T-shirt in the shops. I try to cover EVERY question my parents will ask and believe me...they will ask about this one! AND...how exactly does it work if, say, they put $50 on a card and the purchase is $51? Do they refuse the card or do you get a call for them to go back down and add more money? If someone could walk me through this whole "SeaPass" world...I'd be tremendously grateful!:o

I've had experience with my daughter and her friends setting up cash accounts, and Royal has never asked them to put down money up front. These young people were 18 and over at the time, so I can't say if your girls will have the same experience.

What Royal told us was that they allowed charges up to some set limit, something like $300 or $500, after which they shut off the SeaPass card and require funds to pay down the balance.

In your case, I would see Guest Relations as soon as you board and ask them to put lower limits on the cards. I've not done this myself, but I've read of people being able to do this.

I was recently on a cruise and I did not give a credit card at checkin . No problem, you you settle it in cash at the end. Suggest you call rccl to see what they recommend. Considering they allow limits up to $300, I do not know if they can or will put restrictions on the cards, if that is what you are asking.

Archived