Snorkeling for kids?

jon9

Hi, We're cruising on the Allure Dec.9. My 9 y/o daughter really wants to go snorkeling and we've been to Bahamas a few times so not much else to see so we figured we would do it there. But I don't want to go on one of those long deep water excursions were you are treading water for hours and swimming with sharks and swimming for what feels like miles. I've done that and it's great fun but not good for my daughter. Any suggestions for a shorter kid friendly fun snorkeling excursion in the Bahamas?

Thanks!

I wanted to let you know that last year my husband, 13 year old granddaughter and myself used Blue Hole Water Sports in Nassau for a snorkeling trip that was amazing. I had snorkeled once years ago but after that couldn't catch my breath and would panic so totally gave up. But, I wanted to go out to take pics. The owner Basil kindly emailed a response that, for a lesser fee, I could ride along (in some shade!). But he warned me that he would get me in the water. He is located at the British Hilton, a short walk from the port. On our trip it was just us 4 in a small boat--perfect! We stopped at 2 places. After taking my pics the water kept calling me to get in, so I did. Ahhh. Basil handed me a mask and said to just hold my breath and take a peek underwater. Ha, I had no idea that I could hold my breath for so long! We were over a reef in a quiet cove with fish everywhere. They had to beg me to get back on the boat. I have them booked again for Oct. for a cruise with 3 friends who have never been snorkeling! I highly recommend him!

I wanted to let you know that last year my husband, 13 year old granddaughter and myself used Blue Hole Water Sports in Nassau for a snorkeling trip that was amazing. I had snorkeled once years ago but after that couldn't catch my breath and would panic so totally gave up. But, I wanted to go out to take pics. The owner Basil kindly emailed a response that, for a lesser fee, I could ride along (in some shade!). But he warned me that he would get me in the water. He is located at the British Hilton, a short walk from the port. On our trip it was just us 4 in a small boat--perfect! We stopped at 2 places. After taking my pics the water kept calling me to get in, so I did. Ahhh. Basil handed me a mask and said to just hold my breath and take a peek underwater. Ha, I had no idea that I could hold my breath for so long! We were over a reef in a quiet cove with fish everywhere. They had to beg me to get back on the boat. I have them booked again for Oct. for a cruise with 3 friends who have never been snorkeling! I highly recommend him!

www.blueholewatersports.com as mentioned above, would be a great way to start. just tell basil what you need.. and mention that you don't want to tread water for an hour..

www.blueholewatersports.com as mentioned above, would be a great way to start. just tell basil what you need.. and mention that you don't want to tread water for an hour..

Scubagirrl I just want to take a second to say a giant thank you for the wonderful help you give everyone on cruise critic. I've learned from you for so many years! Thanks so much!

Archived