Day 2 At Sea

Day 3 Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska 9:00 AM 11:00 AM Cruising

Day 3 Juneau, Alaska 3:00 PM 11:00 PM Docked

Day 4 Skagway, Alaska 7:00 AM 8:30 PM Docked

Day 5 Icy Strait Point, Alaska 7:00 AM 4:00 PM Tendered

Day 6 Inside Passage (Cruising) Cruising

Day 7 Victoria, British Columbia 10:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

Day 8 Seattle, Washington 7:00 AM Departure

A couple things I like about this itinery are the Icy Strait Point stop and the fact that it spends a longer time at Victoria than the other inside passage cruises.

-Monte

Wow! thats great, I only hope that they bring a Radiance class back and do a Hawaii cruise from Seattle.:)

Carrie:p

That would be really nice, but so far they're not saying anything about it :(

Our first cruise from Seattle was a few years ago when the Vision came up and did some 3&4 day cruises before & after the Alaska season. Then, of course, we had to do it the following year when the Radiance did those short cruises.

It was just a 4 day cruise, but the Radiance is still my favorite ship.

It is nice that the Vision is coming back, as it was really the first of the "modern" mainstream ships to homeport in Seattle (even if it was just a few weeks a year).

-Monte

Methinks this is a good. As much as I love Vancouver, it has gotten too pricey to fly in/out of, not to mention the number and availability of flights/reward seats. Seattle will greatly improve this and prevent the border crossing commute.

Hey Trish:D I think I met you at the dinner at 13 coins a couple of years ago. If not hi anyway. I have become hooked on b2b's also. I did one in Oct. and will be doing another one this Nov.;)

Carrie

The 4-nt Radiance product introduced several dozen of my friends not just to RCI but to cruising in general. If you'd told me that submariners would willingly take leave to cruise, I would have thought you were enjoying too many drinks-of-the-day. The Radiance was an excellent ambassador for the brand and for modern shipbuilding. While I'm encouraged by the Vision's presence, I'm still holding out hope for a few Radiance-class sailings in the future.

Eric

The 4-nt Radiance product introduced several dozen of my friends not just to RCI but to cruising in general. If you'd told me that submariners would willingly take leave to cruise, I would have thought you were enjoying too many drinks-of-the-day. The Radiance was an excellent ambassador for the brand and for modern shipbuilding. While I'm encouraged by the Vision's presence, I'm still holding out hope for a few Radiance-class sailings in the future.

Eric

I agree that it would be nicer to have a Radiance Class ship here but Vancouver is not too far away.

There is also a rumor that the Navigator will be moving to the west coast in 2007. It would be interesting to see that one in Seattle during the summer.

Hey Carrie! I do remember you. That was a fun time. We had another get together in Olympia last Fall. So I think that it's time that we had another one for all the Western Washington people. Who wants to organize it? I did the 13 Coins and Vicki did Olympia.

This is our first b2b but we have had a 12 day. How is a b2b different from a long one? Other than the obvious repeat of entertainment and menus.

Loved the Radiance!! That was our first cruise and, like most, we were hooked. We bought it for $600 (for both - OV) at an auction. It was such a short cruise that no one else wanted to bid on it. We're really glad that we did.

Hi Trish:) Well you are right about the obvious. We just like having two full weeks on the ship. The best time is when everyone is getting off and you get to stay on for another week.

I am doing a 12 night on the Brilliance next month in the Med. I am going with my friend Donna who I met on cruise critic two years ago. Donna lives in Missouri. Its just the girls this time. In Oct we did a b2b on the Navigator with Donna and her mom and I took my daughter who turned 21 during the cruise. I will be taking my husband on the next b2b in Nov. Donna and her mom will be joining us.

I know that Vicki was trying to organize a get together recently with the people from around here that are going on the Brilliance June 5th. It sounded like there was not much intrest. Vicki and her husband Marc will be getting off the ship as we get on. We are going to try to see each other in Barcelona on the turn around day. I would love to get together again sometime and bet we could find other people on here that would like to also.

Take care

Carrie

I've heard that you often run into rougher seas leaving from and returning to Seattle, as opposed to Vancouver. Anyone experience this?

Amanda:)

That would depend on what route the ship takes. I have sailed out of Seattle several times and always taken the inside of Vancouver Island, very calm. I have heard that some of the ships go around Vancouver Island, that could be a little rougher. I do not know what ships might do that.

Since the itenerary for day two states "at sea" rather than "cruising inside passage," I'm taking it to mean that we will be in open waters rather than the protected waters in and around the inside passage. As such I'm expecting conditions more in line with open sea days in the caribbean rather than the wavelets you generally see when cruising the inside passage.

Archived