Room Service On The Caribbean Princess???

dontstopcruisin

I am sailing on the caribbean princess on august 13, 2005 and was wondering about the room service. I have been on 4 previous cruises (3 princess) and it was never an option, but ive been told that I can order off a dining room menu for room service. or even from a menu from a specialty restaurant. Is there any truth to this? or do i have to order off the standard room service menu? how about breakfast? ive been told that if i am very specific, i can request things like eggs benedict on the card that i hang on the door. as long as i am very detailed in the way i write it. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!! :confused:

Hi I just got of the Caribbean Princess may 7th and yes you can order room service from the dining room or the specialty restaurants. I know this for sure b/c we called Sterling steakhouse one night to ask if we could order room service from them. they said yes but that we needed to call the people that do room service. so we did and at first they said no you couldn't so we told them that sterling steakhouse said we could. so they told us they would call us back. and they called right back and said yes that we could. so we ordered and paid the usual cover charge

Hi I just got of the Caribbean Princess may 7th and yes you can order room service from the dining room or the specialty restaurants. I know this for sure b/c we called Sterling steakhouse one night to ask if we could order room service from them. they said yes but that we needed to call the people that do room service. so we did and at first they said no you couldn't so we told them that sterling steakhouse said we could. so they told us they would call us back. and they called right back and said yes that we could. so we ordered and paid the usual cover charge

Did you try it any other night? So many people have tried without success to do what you did. I hope I can pull it off when we cruise in June. We were able to do that last summer on the Sapphire on formal night when we didn't feel like dressing up but didn't want to miss the lobster. Since then I have read many posts from people on different ships who said it was no longer possible. I hope they are going back to the old policy.

thanks for the reply. I am only really curious because I was originally planning on doing the balcony dinner with the champane, dinner, desert and picture. but for $100.00 hmmm. I think that as long as there is an alternative (and a much less expensive one) id rather do it. granted, there will be no photo or bottle of champane. but thats not worth all the extra money to me. I can supply my own drinks and Im sure we will have plenty of pictures. as we always do.

Well good luck, we did it on formal night b/c we didn't want to dress up and had made reservations and cancelled. so that night we called sterling steakhouse and asked if we could order and have it delivered and they said yes. the room service people did not know this and asked who told us that. after they inquired about it with sterling steakhouse they called back and asked what we would like. the menu is in the binder with the other menus on the desk in your stateroom

oh and you still get a dessert. I had creme brulee and i don't remember what my husband got. but it comes with all the same options as when you go to the restaurant. breads, unlimited appetizers, salad, one main entree and dessert

Archived