Wind Surf questions-Sports platform & gluten-free

CruiserDoc

We have an upcoming back-to-back sailing on the Windsurf Oct-18th to Nov 6th. First segement is an 8 day from Venice to Rome; Croatia & Southern Italy. Second segment is a 6 day from Rome to Barcelona; Italian & French Rivieras. Two questions:

1) will the Water Marina be used during either itinerary or will it be too cold? and

2) has anyone sailed Wind Surf recently with a gluten-free diet request? There is a member review from June of this year which did not sound like a good experience--I'm looking for anyone that may have had a favorable experience with gluten-free request.

Thanks!!

Tom

Hi Tom,

We'll be joining you on the second leg of your trip (Rome to Barcelona). I can't answer your question about the sports deck...haven't been on Windstar in Europe, only Costa Rica & Panama.

As to gluten free, I can tell you my experience from the Panama cruise earlier this year. When I requested gluten free rolls or muffins, the staff was very quick to question whether or not I am a true celiac (which I'm not, just try to avoid wheat & gluten). They went out of their way to make me muffins every morning & in fact would look for me each morning & bring me a plate with 2 Gluten-free muffins. I know a previous poster did not fare so well with gluten-free choices. But from my experience I felt that they would really try to accomodate that request.

Looking forward to a great cruise!

Cindy

FYI: for someone with celiac disease, just preparing gluten-free won't necessarily be ok. Gluten free has to be prepared and cooked on a gluten-free surface with gluten-free equipment and served separately. My niece has ended up in the ER several times as a result of the above not happening (not with Windstar, but with restaurants, buffets or potlucks). Severe celiacs really need to get in contact with the ship in advance and follow up with a talk with the chef once onboard.

Archived