3 to a room and not a suite Anbody Done That?

ehaas

I've travel with 4 in a cabin (1 adult and 3 children). I didn't find it to be a problem. I didn't feel over crowded. We had 2 lower and 2 upper bunks. In the morning they fold the upper bunks and in the evening they let the bunks back down. Hope this help you out.

We have traveled 3 to a cabin, 2 adults and 1 child (oceanview cabin). It was not a problem at all. We had 2 twin beds which we pushed together and then a pullman bed which pulled out of the wall. The bed from the wall was pulled out at night and then put back up during the day. We had enough room for everyone to get around.

I've traveled 3 and 5 in a cabin, all adults, all female.

With three, it was 2 twins and a pull-out (which I got and was quite comfortable).

With 5 it was one twin, 1 double, and 2 twin pull-downs, and surprisingly we were all talking after the experience.

You spend so little time in the room, it wasn't bad at all.

all three of our cruises were with 3 of us....The bed for my wife and I, and the couch for my 15 yo daughter.....they will make the couch/bed nightly for her....

Just booked the PoAm next Summer for the 3 of us also..

If you look at NCL's site, and on the deck plans, you can see which rooms are for 3 people....

One of our most enjoyable cruises was the Norwegian Sky to Alaska during its first year sailing out of Seattle (where we live). The suite was designed to accomodate six, and we have a tendency to try to fill a suite if we have it so we can introduce others to cruising. How can you go wrong at the 3/4/5/6 person rate?

Six of us in a Penthouse Suite (the Antares Suite)--that's livin' large! Or not. While we noted the available berths, we didn't focus on the size of the suite--something like 367 sq. ft. :eek:

Not a lot of room to move once everyone was in for the night, but that didn't detract from our fun. I did feel bad for my girlfriend and her mother-in-law, as they were sleeping on a sleeper sofa that was hardly more than a twin. They got a larger comforter and were able to tuck themselves in to keep from falling out. Hubby and I had the queen bed, and the two kids had bunk beds in a separate bedroom.

I think the suite life (particularly our butlers Denny and Jimmy), with all the amenities (including complimentary jewelry delivered to our suite!), greatly overshadowed any space shortcomings. We had a GREAT time, and would gladly do it again. As would the others who traveled with us!

We're really excited about our upcoming Dawn cruise in an Owner's Suite, but are sad it only accommodates two, as it sounds like it would be a great place for a bunch of friendly folks. Granted, it's our 25th Anniversary, so alone time won't be wasted, but we could always tell people to go to the buffet...:D

It's not the size of the room/suite, it's the spirit of adventure and comraderie that will make or break the cruise. Oh, martinis work well to lubricate friction if any develops between rooommates!

Happy Sailing, Carla

In all of our cruises (2 on Carnival, 1 NCL, 1 upcoming in July) we have had 3 to an oceanview or balcony room. Never a problem. Twice with the upperbunk (put away during the day) and once with a pull-out sleeper. Yes, it's cosy, but it was never clausterphobic.

On our 15 day Panama Canal Cruise in July the room appears to have a bunk. Should be fine. As other posters have said, you don't spend that much time in your room anyway!

Enjoy.

Just returned from the Spirit we had 3 adult females in an inside cabin, actually 4 different groups. It was short, 3 nights, but we did just fine. One morning we were all trying to get ready at once, so one girl just went to the spa and showered, she had the whole thing to herself and loved it. No time was really spend in the cabin.

My husband and I took our 15 year old daughter on our last cruise on the Sea and it worked out fine with 3 of us in the cabin. Cabin was outside C catagory on level 7. It had 2 little thin shelf beds and they brought in a rollaway. I made her and hubby take the little narrow beds and I took the rollaway.:p We all fit just fine and are doing it again this July, same way.

I looked at this thread this morning about multiple people in a room, rather than a suite, and was thinking about the many cruises we've taken with more than two people in regular rooms.

Imagine my embarrassment :o to see that I had obviously misread the question the first time and went on about how great it is to have lots of people in a suite. Perhaps my coffee was stronger today.

I've cruised in an inside stateroom with three women, and with the exception of a few collisions (which resulted in lots of laughs) we had a great 14 days. This was a first cruise for one of the women, and she's sailed since. Whew!

We've done three to a room, including our teenage son (both inside and outside staterooms, in addition to the lunatic prior post about the suite). And on one cruise our son invited my sister to join us, so there were three adults and one 12 year old. There were two beds that could be combined, and a fold-out sofa. Obviously I can't stick my sister and my son together in the foldout, so that's where hubby and I slept. Our son still laughs about that. Never fear, we got even! :p

A sense of humor, and taking some "apart" time each day to spend time individually, goes a long way. Sometimes even with just two in the stateroom. :)

Thanks for the information on three to a room! I feel much better now about the situation. For the person who wrote about the suite I would like to try that once to so thanks! You must have good coffee in the a.m.

As many have said, it's doable. Sharing storage space (collapsible luggage that can be stored under the bed is a good idea) and working out bathroom time when everyone is preparing for formal night or to get ready for an early-departure excursion are the challenges.

Archived