First Cruise with an Infant!

apwog1985

Hi Amanda,

I first took my little guy on cruises when he was 7 months old and then a month later. We had a blast.

If you decide to cruise with a baby or toddler, don't forget to bring along:

[*]A baby monitor - if you want to take advantage of your balcony (parent unit must be battery operated as there are no power outlets on balconies)

[*]Pack 'n Play sheet(s) - if you book a pack n' play for your cabin, it is a good idea to bring your own sheets since in my experience, the cruise lines use standard twin or queen sheets which are easy for an active baby to get tangled up in

[*]White noise - always a winner for helping a baby sleep, there are a number of phone apps (we use Sleep Fan for my iPhone, which can help to drone out the occasional noisy passersby in the hallway)

[*]Car seat - if you don't plan to spend your port visits on tour buses, bring along your own car seat to use in taxis or mini buses

[*]An inflatable bathtub or small baby pool (24" diameter or less) - Unless you are cruising with Disney Cruise Lines or in a larger suite on another line, you'll likely have a shower in your cabin, so bring your own tub if baby is accustomed to having a nighttime bath.

To date, we've done 5 cruises with my son (he's 3 now), ranging from the huge Oasis of the Seas to a small ship in Norway.

Have a great trip!

Hi Amanda,

I first took my little guy on cruises when he was 7 months old and then a month later. We had a blast.

If you decide to cruise with a baby or toddler, don't forget to bring along:

[*]A baby monitor - if you want to take advantage of your balcony (parent unit must be battery operated as there are no power outlets on balconies)

[*]Pack 'n Play sheet(s) - if you book a pack n' play for your cabin, it is a good idea to bring your own sheets since in my experience, the cruise lines use standard twin or queen sheets which are easy for an active baby to get tangled up in

[*]White noise - always a winner for helping a baby sleep, there are a number of phone apps (we use Sleep Fan for my iPhone, which can help to drone out the occasional noisy passersby in the hallway)

[*]Car seat - if you don't plan to spend your port visits on tour buses, bring along your own car seat to use in taxis or mini buses

[*]An inflatable bathtub or small baby pool (24" diameter or less) - Unless you are cruising with Disney Cruise Lines or in a larger suite on another line, you'll likely have a shower in your cabin, so bring your own tub if baby is accustomed to having a nighttime bath.

To date, we've done 5 cruises with my son (he's 3 now), ranging from the huge Oasis of the Seas to a small ship in Norway.

Have a great trip!

Thank you so much! This was very helpful :)

My advice - be ready for all of us that love children and will coo and awe over your little one. On our second cruise we were seated at a table next to Juliette and her family. She was 11 months old and our table enjoyed watching her and after a few nights, Juliette spent part of dinner sitting on the laps of "her adopted grandparents" at our table. She was such a sweet baby and a fond memory for us of that cruise.

Archived