Parking in Galveston

Hello again fellow Cruisers, I just came back from Galveston and stopped by The Port of Galveston and EZ Cruise Parking lots. The Port still charges $70 - $80 for a 7-night cruise but they do have "one" lot that does shuttle luggage the rest of the lots do not. EZ Cruise is $55 if you drive up with out a pre-reservation which you can do on line (highly recommended) and the cost is only $45 a heck of a price and they do shuttle you and your luggage to and from The Port. The manager said they are in the process of maybe opening up another lot right next to the existing one and may offer some park and walk if you want. She said if people want to drop off their luggage and party they can park for a reduced price and walk the 2 blocks to The Port. The Port is giving her a very hard time right now charging her and others a tariff for entering The Port each time, not per day or per month but per trip in the Port to drop-off or pick-up customers what a rip off. The web-site is http://www.ezcruiseparking.com and they have alot of information on that site. I have parked at both places and I was very happy with EZ and saved money. The owner and chashier are not only great looking girls but very friendly and helpful. Have a great summer and a wonderful Cruise. Ricky

I have used EZCruise a few times myself and do the walking thing. It will be really good if they do that at a cheaper rate. It is amzing what the Port is doing to try to keep them from operating so they can have a monopoly.:(

• 3 weeks later...
Hello again fellow Cruisers, I just came back from Galveston and stopped by The Port of Galveston and EZ Cruise Parking lots. The Port still charges $70 - $80 for a 7-night cruise but they do have "one" lot that does shuttle luggage the rest of the lots do not. EZ Cruise is $55 if you drive up with out a pre-reservation which you can do on line (highly recommended) and the cost is only $45 a heck of a price and they do shuttle you and your luggage to and from The Port. The manager said they are in the process of maybe opening up another lot right next to the existing one and may offer some park and walk if you want. She said if people want to drop off their luggage and party they can park for a reduced price and walk the 2 blocks to The Port. The Port is giving her a very hard time right now charging her and others a tariff for entering The Port each time, not per day or per month but per trip in the Port to drop-off or pick-up customers what a rip off. The web-site is www.ezcruiseparking.com and they have alot of information on that site. I have parked at both places and I was very happy with EZ and saved money. The owner and chashier are not only great looking girls but very friendly and helpful. Have a great summer and a wonderful Cruise. Ricky

Just a tip you can stay a minimum of 2 nights at the harbor house 2 blocks from port and they will keep your car for 20 $$ for the whole time

Many hotels will let you leave your car in their parking lot free of charge if you stay atleast one night, usually the night before you set sail. They will call you a cab to take you to the pier which is cheaper and less of a hassel trying to mess with the traffic and parking and taking a shuttle. DH and I always drive down the day before to visit Galveston and so that we get to the peir early before it gets too crowded. The taxi usually costs us between $12-$15 and there are always taxis waiting for you when you disembark so it is easy to catch one.

We boarded the Rhapsody of the Seas on June 5, intending to park our car at EZ Cruise Discount. Unfortunately, we did not have a reservation and were unable to park there. Even though there appeared to be plenty of empty spots in the parking lot, the guy informed us that they had reservations to fill the lot. Lesson learned: make a parking reservation! We ended up paying $70 for the week at another lot.

• 3 weeks later...

I know at the port they have covered parking. My DH was wondering if they have covered parking at EZ cruise? Hubby anament (spelling?) about leaving his baby under cover and not out in the elements.

Thanks...

We went with ezcruiseparking in June. Getting to the port was not a problem at all. But getting back was a whole different story. They only had maybe 2 small vans running when we disembarked. We stood in line for almost an hour waiting our turn. I would definetly walk back to the lot, get our car and pick everyone up next time.

Archived