Booking entertainment?

Hello,

I am new to royal Caribbean and thinking of taking the Allure in May. I have seen on a couple of threads now about booking enterainment. I am not really understanding this. The one cruise I did before was Norwegian where everything was "freestyle" So we went to what shows we wanted and had the time...

So am I understanding right that you have to pre-plan what shows you want to watch 90 days in advance?

And can I assume that they have shows that will work around your preset dinning plan?

advice on dinning and entertainment would be greatly appreciated..thanks

Hello,

I am new to royal Caribbean and thinking of taking the Allure in May. I have seen on a couple of threads now about booking enterainment. I am not really understanding this. The one cruise I did before was Norwegian where everything was "freestyle" So we went to what shows we wanted and had the time...

So am I understanding right that you have to pre-plan what shows you want to watch 90 days in advance?

And can I assume that they have shows that will work around your preset dinning plan?

advice on dinning and entertainment would be greatly appreciated..thanks

Yes, it is best to book the shows as soon as you can because they can get booked up quickly, especially the comedy show. Once entertainment bookings open on your cruise, you should be able to download a PDF schedule of shows from Royal's website so you can plan the whole week.

I thought it was pretty strange too when I saw that on the Oasis, but clarea is right, it fills up quickly. When a show is full, it doesn't necessarily mean you can't get in, but rather you have to wait in line outside the venue until about 5 or 10 minutes before and then they let people in until it's full. The reservations don't mean assigned seating. They just swipe your sea pass and if you have a reservation they let you in.

What I recommend is figuring out what's happening and when it's happening by either going through the available shows and making a note of the times or getting the schedule and then make your plans based on what you want to see most, what has the least amount of show times, and what your port schedule looks like. I also try to book the later shows on port days so we have time to shower and have dinner without cutting into our available time for excursions and such.

You can also make reservations on board as well as cancel. There were a few times where we were able to make a new reservation the day of the show and then we just cancelled the old reservations we made at home.

Archived