Dolphins in Chakanaab?

princess5750

Did anyone do the dolphin encounter in cozumel at Chakanaab? We were originally thinking we would do a dolphin/dunn's rivers falls in Jamaica that includes lunch thru RCI for 109/pp...but saw this one at Chakanaab that isn't an hour drive each way, doesn't include lunch but is only 79/pp?

Just wondering if anyone had done either???

We did it a few years back' date=' we did the "Royal Dolphin Swim" which included everything to do with the dolphins, very good !!! You can book directly with them and save some $$, short, cheap cab ride also (no overcrowded tour bus).[/quote']

I was going to say the same thing. Google Dolphin Discovery and then you will find their website which has deals listed. It's so much fun!

We have done the "Push Pull and Swim" at Chankanaab twice. Most recently we did it along with over 30 friends and family. Everyone had a blast. We booked through the cruise line and it was $109 a person i think. Well worth the price! Included transportation and after swimming with the dolphins you can stay and enjoy the park. It has great snorkeling, clean facilities, reasonably priced food, pool, and free sea lion show. When you go snorkeling you can rent life jackets or aqua lungs for free (just have to leave them with ID). If you stay, there are rides back to the ship hourly.

The one listed as Dolphin Encounter only lets you interact and pet the dolphin. We also have been to the place in Jamaica where they have their dolphin excursion and it is not as nice as Chankanaab. It looked a bit dated and the area where you see the dolphins is really small compared to Chankanaab.

Morning!!

I booked our excurison to Dolphin Discovery direct with the company. Just Google and click their link. They have 3 options for swimming with dolphins, I sign DH and I up for the Royal Swim and saved almost $100 total over going thru ship. I did find out you have to get to the park, but the cabs line up at port and it's only 5mins away (and something like $10 for 4pp). When you book direct with them you also get admission to the park and all the activities.

my family did it a couple of years ago and loved it! Chankanaab is wonderful (we go there whenever we cruise to Cozumel) with lots to do and see before/after the dolphin swim. I have never been to the dolphin swim in Jamaica but would definitely recommend doing it at Chankanaab :D. We also booked through the website and saved a lot over the cruise ship price. Have fun!

We did it a few years back' date=' we did the "Royal Dolphin Swim" which included everything to do with the dolphins, very good !!! You can book directly with them and save some $$, short, cheap cab ride also (no overcrowded tour bus).[/quote']

We did the same thing a few years ago and it was definately one of the most memorable excursions we've done. We really had a great time! :)

We booked directly through them as well and saved quite a bit of money.

We also booked directly, saved lots of money. They allowed cameras to be taken to the area and we all handed off our cameras to another participant to take photos while we were in the water. That also saved quite a few dollars since their photos are expensive.

It was lots of fun. I highly recommend!

We did it a few years back.

It was great fun, they do allow you to take your own pictures and you can stay in the park for as long as you like.

The cab ride was 10$ for 4 persons.

They took pictures and filmed to whole thing, the deal was if we bought all 8 pictures they took of us 2 we got the dvd for free:D Don't know if it's still the case, but if it is IMHO it's totally worth it.

Archived