Ship time vs Grand Cayman time

valorbunch

I am not sure what time of the year you are going, but when we were on the Conquest the time was the same. This was in January and I could not figure the time difference out. I tried and tried by checking Time Zones, etc. Finally when we got to Grand Cayman, we made sure to get off on the first tender. Came to find out it was 7:30 am and we were over an hour early for our excursion, and nothing was open yet so we sat there with nothing to do. If you are going from October to April, relax and have a good breakfast before leaving the ship. You are on the right time.

When I was on the Valor (pre-DST) the ship never changed time and Grand Cayman and the ship had the same time. If the ship doesn't change time, it will be 1 hour later than GC as previously mentioned, because GC doesn't observe DST.

Both times I was on Conquest, the ship adjusted ship time to the port du jour time, if necessary, but again, DST was now in effect.

The time policy on Valor and Conquest differ, because Conquest leaves from New Orleans (Central Time) and Valor leaves from Miami (Eastern Time).

On Carnival, ships that leave from Central time zone usually adjust the ship time, if necessary, and ships that leave from Eastern time zone tend to stay on Eastern time the whole cruise.

They do let you know in advance on the ships, but it can sometimes make planning your own excursions in advance more interesting.

Archived