Altun Ha With 1 Year Old

hunterjackson

We are going on the Dawn and hitting the Western Car. again!

We have been to all the other ports except Belize City. We were trying to find something to do besides a beach day with our 1 year old.

He is a champ and takes moving around and going places very well as long as we pack a few snacks.

Is it feasible to do this tour with a 1 year old or am I pushing my luck?

Can anyone else recommend anything else to to in Belize City with a 1 year old?

Also, any great restaurants? We are all foodies, the little guy included, and love to eat great food!

If you have snacks, water/drinks and small you'd to entertain him on the drive, you should be okay. You wil need to carry him through the tour. Lots of walking.

My son was like that at 1. Very good traveler. He's now 22.

I agree with the lots of walking part of the tour. It's a really neat place though so if you're up for it do it. Depending on the time of year though it could be very hot and humid so make sure you bring plenty of fluids for him along with a hat and sunscreen at any time of the year! It doesn't say where you live but as a Floridian I see way too may lobsters walking around the stores down here....yes, they are what we call snow birds ....any you'll be closer to the equator so even in winter the chance of a baby's skin burning is up there.....so do not forget the sunscreen! Sorry....the grandma in me is coming out :)

Thank you both for your replies!

We are from Columbia SC, so very used to the heat and more importantly, the humidity. We will be there end of November, so hopefully it will be cooler than mid summer!

We try to plan each detail when it comes to him, but as first time parents, we usually mess it up....but he is verrrrrry forgiving!

Thanks for asking. I have been contemplating this for our stop in Belize City in November. Our daughter (who will be 16 months) is also pretty easy-going, so it sounds like this may be worth a shot (with some appeasement snacks on hand for her!) We are in Texas, so if she can get through summer here, I think November in Belize should be no problem :)

Which tour guides are recommended?

Nerie's has nice local food and is walking distance from the Tourism Village, near the Museum.

Thanks for the heads up on the seafood. I will look into it!

As far as tour guides go, there are several, however, with a young one, I am probably going to book through the ship to be honest. we usually book independantly, but i would like that added 'comfort' with my son in a place i have never been.

Now in all the other ports, we are going independant...

Archived