book now...wait for wow sale?

I have found the cruise that I want to take next year in May but I have heard about the wow sale at end of September or early October. Is there advantage to waiting for the sale to book? I'm not looking for a big discount but I would hate to book early if there was maybe a chance for some OBC...:cool:

With all the TA's out there, there are almost always one at any given time offering a better deal that booking under a WOW sale.....do some searching around.

I have found the cruise that I want to take next year in May but I have heard about the wow sale at end of September or early October. Is there advantage to waiting for the sale to book? I'm not looking for a big discount but I would hate to book early if there was maybe a chance for some OBC...:cool:

The WOW sale will give you OBC and reduced deposit. Your dilemma is to accurately predict if the price of your cruise will increase so much between now and the potential WOW sale that it exceeds the amount of OBC. I know of no way to predict the prices.

Last year I was faced with the same dilemma and ended up waiting. It seems those that cruise often with RCL have discounts that can't be combined with the WOW sale so for them it is not worth it.

I am happy to have the OBC and the reduced deposit (although, I had to fight for that as the online booking engine charged me the full amount and then they credited it back).

The price of our cruise did not go up just before or during the WOW sale so it worked for us.

I was happy to have booked a D2 so when an aft became available I was able to jump on it.

The last promotion they ran...over Labor Day weekend, they were giving OBC, in an amount far less than the price increase on all the cabins on our Allure cruise the Friday before the sale:eek:

I book early, or when I see the right price. Dont wait for sales- they are just pricing games designed to drive bookings.

Archived