Credit Card Number changed- do I need to notify pre cruise hotel I have booked?

HowardK

Hello, just thinking- I have some hotel rooms booked for before my cruise (and other holds) on my BOA Amex card, however the number was just changed by them. Do I need to notify the hotel of the change in number or do the holds transfer automatically?

Hello, just thinking- I have some hotel rooms booked for before my cruise (and other holds) on my BOA Amex card, however the number was just changed by them. Do I need to notify the hotel of the change in number or do the holds transfer automatically?

Yes I would call them and give the new #. I think when you book they run it to see if its valid. Not to take or check your funds. However; depending on the hotel they will go in and either take out a nights or check your funds, sometimes up to a week before check-in, sometimes a day or so before. some never do anything till you arrive, but I would show them good faith and tell them a new #. You do not want to get bumped out by an automatic CC searcher.:D

Thanks, I called one of the hotels back and they told me I didn't need to - but to be on the safe side I will call them up and just let them know I don't have the card anymore and I will give them a new number.

I will also do it for a comp room I have in Vegas

Archived