RCCL Visa Certificates

Last week I mailed off to RCCL 5 certificates for $50 onboard credits each. My question is should I call customer service to make sure they received them or just take copies of the vouchers with me on the cruise and handle it then if need be? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Absolutely do both. Also you should make the call. If you have a TA they really are not involved with the credits from Visa. If you are like us there are credits and coupons all over the place, Visa, shareholder, C&A, booking on ship and you are the one who really knows what you should have. I've never had problems getting a verification although I understand others have. Just explain that they need to verify these directly to you since you sent them in not the TA.

I mailed in 3 seperate batches four our last cruise. I called each time about week after doing so to confirm that they had been posted. But, I also took copies with me.

One extra note - It takes a day or so once you are on your cruise for the credits to appear on your account as viewed on your in cabin TV, so don't be alarmed if they aren't there right away.

Used several on last years cruise on Rhapsody, but cannot remember how I obtained them (called or e-mailed) from Visa. Can someone be good enough to tell me how they obtained theirs. Thanks.

Used several on last years cruise on Rhapsody, but cannot remember how I obtained them (called or e-mailed) from Visa. Can someone be good enough to tell me how they obtained theirs. Thanks.

Just call MBNA at the 800 number listed on the back of your card. Choose the option to speak to a customer service rep. Then just tell them that you want to redeem X number of points. They will arrive in the mail in about a week or 2.

Can we take our certificates and apply them to someone else's onboard account?

Haven't redeemed any yet, but have about 50,000 points which I guess translates into 10 $50 certificates. Is that right?

Anything special we need to do to have them applied to the other person's account? I have their RCI reservation number.

I mailed in 3 seperate batches four our last cruise. I called each time about week after doing so to confirm that they had been posted. But, I also took copies with me.

One extra note - It takes a day or so once you are on your cruise for the credits to appear on your account as viewed on your in cabin TV, so don't be alarmed if they aren't there right away.

Yep, what pltag said...I did the same thing. Mine also took a day to two to show up up my 'TV account'.

Max,

Yes you can apply them to another person's account. You don't need to let MBNA this information, just let them know how many 5,000 point coupons you want to redeem. When you get the certificates there is a place on the back to identify the booking number and name (if it isn't yours) that you want to apply the coupon. Send it in to the address on the coupon and you should be all set.

Max,

Yes you can apply them to another person's account. You don't need to let MBNA this information, just let them know how many 5,000 point coupons you want to redeem. When you get the certificates there is a place on the back to identify the booking number and name (if it isn't yours) that you want to apply the coupon. Send it in to the address on the coupon and you should be all set.

Thanks for the help!!

Archived