Adventure of the Seas - Canary Islands October - More Info please

Minstrel*

Hello,

We are booked on the Aof S at the end of October embarking Malaga and while I was a bit panicked by some of the negative views I have been reassured by some of the more recent positive remarks. I have found all the reviews extremely helpful and informative so thank you to all who take the time to do so. Information, like eating early to avoid the rush of the Spanish eating later etc – all very useful. However, I still have a number of questions and would really appreciate if anyone could update me a bit more please? Also, any other observations or thoughts would be most welcome. My husband and myself have cruised before but this is the first time for our friends so would like to be as organised as possible to have an enjoyable, hassle free holiday.

Many thanks in anticipation! :)

Wine package – is this good value for money? And if I were to purchase say the 10 bottle package, can this be on behalf of our group? i.e. can I order a couple of bottles with dinner for the 4 of us? Can it be used in Portfinios? Also, can this package be used to have wine in the cabin? This is our first time with a balcony and I’m looking forward to enjoying a glass of red while watching the sun go down. :)

Dinning

Is the Windjammer open for dinner every evening and is it buffet or waiter served? I have seen a review which mentions a BBQ grill area – is this available in the evening as an alternative to the main restaurant? We have MTD.

Irons

Is this a definite no? If so, are irons available to use on board? I have taken my travel iron on our last cruise with no issues?

Charges

Is everything charged in USD? I see the cover charge at Portfinos is $20 so would I be correct in saying this is about £14 based on current exchange rates?

Duty Free Alcohol

Whilst the majority of reviews are 'no' and alcohol in baggage will be confiscated other reviews (not all on this site) suggest you can buy just before boarding. Very confused.:rolleyes:

Port calls

I understand that all ports of call are in or near the centre and can be done DIY rather than by excursions - any tips?

Many thanks

Wine package – is this good value for money? And if I were to purchase say the 10 bottle package, can this be on behalf of our group? i.e. can I order a couple of bottles with dinner for the 4 of us? Can it be used in Portfinios? Also, can this package be used to have wine in the cabin? This is our first time with a balcony and I’m looking forward to enjoying a glass of red while watching the sun go down. :)

Purchasing the Winw Package all depends on how much you plan to consume. You can always order wine during dinner. Just ask your waiter to flag down the wine guru. From what what I've read here, you can bring it to your cabin. We just order single bottles and have it delivered to the cabin.

Dinning

Is the Windjammer open for dinner every evening and is it buffet or waiter served? I have seen a review which mentions a BBQ grill area – is this available in the evening as an alternative to the main restaurant? We have MTD.

Yes ... the windjammer is open every evening as an alterative to the MDR. It is always buffet style. No clue about a BBQ grill area ... sorry.

Irons

Is this a definite no? If so, are irons available to use on board? I have taken my travel iron on our last cruise with no issues?

This IS a definite NO. The only option to pressing your cloths is to have it done by the crew for a nominal charge which is quite reasonable.

Charges

Is everything charged in USD? I see the cover charge at Portfinos is $20 so would I be correct in saying this is about £14 based on current exchange rates?

Whatever currency is used for the credit card on your on-board account is how you'll be charged. It will be converted from USD at the current exchange rate.

Duty Free Alcohol

Whilst the majority of reviews are 'no' and alcohol in baggage will be confiscated other reviews (not all on this site) suggest you can buy just before boarding. Very confused.:rolleyes:

Bringing alcohol on-board is a strict no-no. You can purchase bottles of hard liquor on-board but they will hold it until the last night. It will be delivered to your cabin.

Port calls

I understand that all ports of call are in or near the centre and can be done DIY rather than by excursions - any tips?

Sorry ... not familiar with your ports. Have you visited the 'roll call' for your sailing? I highly recommend it.

Many thanks

Tried to answer as much as I could. Hope it helps.

Archived