Armonia

shaz

I'm from sunny South Africa. My husband and I will be cruising the Med on the Armonia from 12 June to celebrate my 40th birthday. We are first time cruisers and would appreciate any tips, advice on what to pack, what to expect, etc. :confused: as we are clueless. Anyone else cruising during this time? I've read a number of concerning reviews about the Armonia - is it really all that bad. I do realise not everyone can be pleased all of the time. With a little over 3 weeks to go you can imagine that I am getting quite nervous - is it advisable to take "motion sickness" medication - what is the best to take.

Hello Shaz,

there are not so many reviews of MSC ARMONIA indeed.

Here are some:

http://www.magwa.co.uk/armonia/armoniaphoto.htm

http://www.cruiseserver.net/travelpage/ships/md_armonia.asp

http://www.infocruceros.com/review.asp?Id_Barco=117

As regards the ship, perhaps you can search for European Vision, the name of the ship before MSC bought her and she was sailing for Festival.

Happy cruising on your "Mediterrenean Harmony"-cruise, bon voyage and lots of fun (especialy with the animation-team).

It's a beautifull journey along these nice islands/places.

Henri

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shaz,

I too am on Armonia on 12th June and can hardly wait!

I lunched today with my son in laws parents who sailed on Armonia on 25th April and I hope that their report will reassure you a bit!

They absolutely loved it! The ship is beautiful and luxuriously fitted out. The staff, without exception were friendly, polite and extremely helpful. Apart from a few minor hiccups in the dining room at dinner, they had absolutely no complaints. At dinner, they were at a table of nine, consisting of 5 Americans and another couple who it turned out live just 15 miles from them in Scotland!

They found the company at dinner most congenial and recommended that I go on first sitting for dinner.

An extraordinary coincidence occurred at the restaurant where we had lunch, who else should arrive but the other couple who were on their dinner table! From them I received exactly the same impression of the ship! Both couples are experienced cruisers. The worst complaint they heard during the cruise was that there were too many foreigners! This was from a fellow Brit!

They said the food was good but not exceptional, apart from the pasta and risotto which they said was to die for! They also said the sweets were nothing to write home about but that there was so much on offer that it simply didn't matter!

Both couples are planning to cruise with MSC again, together! That speaks volumes to me!:)

Do have a look at the site Magwa recommended which by and large gives balanced reviews of the ship. There is one post which I know you will recognise when you start reading it because if you have read the reviews here you will realise it is familiar!:eek:

Do also look at Magwa's site too, full of fabulous photographs and information on the ship.

All in all, my advice to you would be 'do not be concerned'! I'm not! Not in the slightest!

Have a good cruise and perhaps we will meet!

Archived