For those in peril on the sea

P&OMAN

Flying in to Perth from the UK at the start of November to join the Voyager of the Seas for its 18 day cruise around Australia and New Zealand.

I know it's very much dependant on the weather, but what seas can we expect during the various legs of the cruise.

Impossible to say! It will be late spring here so it shouldn't be too wild and windy but you just never know. It can sometimes be a bit rocky crossing the Great Australian Bight and the Tasman Sea but equally it could be a flat calm: there's absolutely no way of predicting what will happen and everyone will have had a different experience. It really does boil down to sheer luck and good quality seasick medication if required. Don't worry about something you can't predict or control and have a great cruise anyway :)

PS. At no point will you be in "peril"

Impossible to say! It will be late spring here so it shouldn't be too wild and windy but you just never know. It can sometimes be a bit rocky crossing the Great Australian Bight and the Tasman Sea but equally it could be a flat calm: there's absolutely no way of predicting what will happen and everyone will have had a different experience. It really does boil down to sheer luck and good quality seasick medication if required. Don't worry about something you can't predict or control and have a great cruise anyway :)

PS. At no point will you be in "peril"

It felt like it on the Spirit of Tasmania (when they were still going from Sydney) and just out at the Heads we had 6mtr waves, then 10mtr waves from then on!! :eek:

:D It's amazing how projectile vomit can be even when asleep and after taking anti-seasick tablets!!

Sorry for lowering the tone of the thread! I know there's no comparison between a ferry and a cruise ship, but had to share my story.

Will be going on Voyager in January, going to Melb & Hobart. this will be the first time since the Spirit of Tasmania trip, that we've done the trip by sea. A bit nervous, but keep telling myself that we'll be on one of the world's biggest cruise ships this time!!

Ron we will be joining you on the Voyager cruise out of Perth and all i can say about the sea's are like the Bay of Biscay they will either be a sheet of glass or at the worst a pot of boiling water....lets hope for the "glass" or somewhere close even. Made sure for this cruise our cabin is low and midship and i SHALL have seasickness pills from light strength all the way to heavyduty with me....am i worried.. not at all and i am sure she will handle the sea conditions better than some of the older small ships we have cruised on.... ...see you there cheers Shiona

Archived