Only one meal. Where and what would it be?

Wallyworld3370

If you only had one choice for a lunch where would it be and is there a staple you recommend not missing?

Good question.....if I had to choose, the first place I would look would be in Marigot....

We were not there long enough to have a meal, but we did see a few very nice French Resturants.

If you only had one choice for a lunch where would it be and is there a staple you recommend not missing?

For lunch, I would choose Le Soleil in Grand Case which has a fantastic view of Grand Case bay and Creole Rock. The chef is from the Alsace region of France and the dishes offered reflect this. Whether I go for lunch or dinner I have one of the tarts on the menu. They are similar to a thin crust pizza but very gourmet. One that I love has a base sauce of Creme Fraische and Swiss cheese topped with sautéed onions and bacon. Their salads are fantastic as well and we love the way they prepare fresh fish. We have eaten at Le Soleil many times and keep returning.

I would go with Talk of the Town @ the Lolo's in Grand Case and it would be Ribs.

For some reason they offer a 1 to 1 ratio for Euros and Dollars. So a rack of Ribs would be $5 or 5 Euros. Actually I went there a few times and I usually got a combination platter of something like Creole Conch and an order of Ribs.

There are several other places (5 other Lolos within 10 feet of each other) to select from around Talk of the Town. It's where the locals and expats go to eat.

The ribs are pretty awesome. You could just keep ordering Ribs and Ribs or Chicken or Crab Back but i find ordering a combination platter along with the Ribs is just right. You won't spend more then $20 on food there but the cab ride will most likely cost you.

Archived