majesty of the seas cabin selection

Thinking about booking 3 night cruise on majesty of the seas for September and wondering if it is worth the extra money to book a junior suite over a superior oceanview room. We normally take longer cruises and usually book balcony but I am unfamiliar with this ship and don't know if it is worth it. Any advice?

I've never been on the ship but I booked the JS category for a couple of reasons. First the cabin itself has more square footage. Second, because you're in a suite, you get a few perks such as priority embarkation. Finally, I sometimes like to just relax on the balcony without having to go up on deck. I like the freedom of going outside to get a breath of fresh air.

Perk - 2 Crown & Anchor credits for the cruise instead of one!!

We have been in cabin 1058 (JS) twice and love the ease of location, up one flight of stairs then left to the door to the pools or right to the buffet door. We are balcony lovers so are willing to pay the extra $$ to have it.

All that being said unless you are a balcony junkie or looking for a quick ride to Platnium or Diamond then save your money for fun stuff like drinks & excursions. On a short cruise you don't spend as much time out on the balcony since you want to get so much other stuff in.

Goodluck on your decision

Bon Voyage

Dawna

But know let's look at it this was.... You pay all that extra money for a JS that you will probably not spend that much time in since you are only on the ship for 3 days. You could use the extra money you planned on spending towards booking your next cruise while you are on the ship. We did an inside cabin and only spent enough time in there to sleep or change clothes.

Now we have done a JS on the EOS but we were on the ship for 7days. We spent a lot of time in our room.

Book an extra cruise!

Archived