How long have you waited for a 'guarantee' assignment & what kind of cabin?

SnappyNappi

Which ship are you sailing? I cannot think off hand of a Royal Caribbean balcony that would not be way preferrable to the OV. You made a smart move.

I have booked X a few times, and have gotten decent to excellent assignments. That Royal Caribbean allows switches within the category, space available, is very nice. Fingers crossed that you get a great assignment, too.

Now enjoy the anticipation... Your assignment could come tomorrow. Or you may wait weeks.

This is for our Freedom cruise in Jan. After I read this thread, I saw that they also have the W category available. Just don't want to spend the extra $1000 for that :)

This is for our Freedom cruise in Jan. After I read this thread, I saw that they also have the W category available. Just don't want to spend the extra $1000 for that :)

I have taken the balcony gty bet on Freedom class; I think I could enjoy any balcony cabin on that ship. Not that I have been in every cabin, but I will happily try over the coming years.

I probably would not pay another $1000 for a W on a 7 day cruise either. There is so much one can do with that money. Keep watching; maybe that price will drop.

Please tell us when you get your X assignment.

Booked an XN (nieghborhood balcony gty) for my MIL on the 1/27/13 sailing of allure. Just booked on 10/22 and received cabin 10297 BW balcony stateroom as of this morning.

Any assignment is fine with her. The XN was the same price as the outside gty so it's a great deal either way. Less after my D+ discount. But since we're so far out and there are still XN cabins available I'm wondering if I should roll the dice and ask to be put back in the pool.

No word yet on my JS Gty for the same sailing. I have never need upgraded with or without a gty so I'm praying the stars might align so that I, too might get a CL. Congrats to the both of you that have scored those great rooms!

Booked an XN (nieghborhood balcony gty) for my MIL on the 1/27/13 sailing of allure. Just booked on 10/22 and received cabin 10297 BW balcony stateroom as of this morning.

Any assignment is fine with her. The XN was the same price as the outside gty so it's a great deal either way. Less after my D+ discount. But since we're so far out and there are still XN cabins available I'm wondering if I should roll the dice and ask to be put back in the pool.

No word yet on my JS Gty for the same sailing. I have never need upgraded with or without a gty so I'm praying the stars might align so that I, too might get a CL. Congrats to the both of you that have scored those great rooms!

I have never asked to go back back into the gty pool. I suppose it might be worth a shot if your MIL rather have a CP balcony. If she wants BW, I'd change to 11715 (for the aft deck and bed by balcony).

There seem to be lots of suites left on your cruise, including some JS. Maybe they will sell out those JS before they assign your W, increasing your upgrade odds....it worked for Penny and I, so I hope it works for you. In that spirit, may you have a long wait for your W assignment.

I have never asked to go back back into the gty pool. I suppose it might be worth a shot if your MIL rather have a CP balcony. If she wants BW, I'd change to 11715 (for the aft deck and bed by balcony).

There seem to be lots of suites left on your cruise, including some JS. Maybe they will sell out those JS before they assign your W, increasing your upgrade odds....it worked for Penny and I, so I hope it works for you. In that spirit, may you have a long wait for your W assignment.

Thank you for the suggestion! Because of the hurricane, I have only 3G service and was having trouble looking at the deck plans and doing a dummy booking. The site kept telling me that cabin was unavailable so I decided to call C&A. The woman looked at all of the cabins in that category and found that 14723 was open which is even further back. I ended up switching to that room because of its closer proximity to the sea and Auquatheater. I hope I made a good choice.

As far as the W gty, it is a triple and there is only 1 available triple JS. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. No news is good news (I hope) this early on.

Thank you for the suggestion! Because of the hurricane, I have only 3G service and was having trouble looking at the deck plans and doing a dummy booking. The site kept telling me that cabin was unavailable so I decided to call C&A. The woman looked at all of the cabins in that category and found that 14723 was open which is even further back. I ended up switching to that room because of its closer proximity to the sea and Auquatheater. I hope I made a good choice.

As far as the W gty, it is a triple and there is only 1 available triple JS. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. No news is good news (I hope) this early on.

Use caution with deck 14. There are public decks above, so some potential for noise, if that will bother MIL. there should be a view to the aqua theater, but there is some ship structure that can obstruct the view straight back. Did they tell you that cabin is marked obstructed on the deck plan? i'd favor the cabin I mentioned on deck 11...or the one straight across from it if MIL would like to have the bed by the closet instead by the balcony. the public decks on the aft of deck 11 and 12 are nice to have nearby...14 does not have that.

you got a W for a triple...lucky you...I hear those are uncommon. I hope they sell that JS and upgrade you eventually.

Wow, you also got a crown loft...awesome! We must be neighbors or very close. Mike and I have the center L2.

Are you still keeping the secret from your DH? I'd burst if I tried to keep it secret today.

Glad the family is well. Stay safe.

Still no power, but I finally got a connection... Wendy, Andy and I are in 1734, just a bit starboard of center if I am reading the deck plans right. I'm extremely excited but I am keeping the secret. I don't know how I am going to keep it from him while we are all cooped up in the house this week, but I am trying to surprise him when we get there. Just a few more days... It will be worth the wait. :)

Still no power, but I finally got a connection... Wendy, Andy and I are in 1734, just a bit starboard of center if I am reading the deck plans right. I'm extremely excited but I am keeping the secret. I don't know how I am going to keep it from him while we are all cooped up in the house this week, but I am trying to surprise him when we get there. Just a few more days... It will be worth the wait. :)

Two doors down from us. Internet has made this world seem even smaller.

Boy, good job keeping the secret. I am impressed that you have kept mum. If Andy is expecting a CP balcony, the crown loft will be an amazing surprise.

since it is a suite, you can order "real" luggage tags if you like. Mike called C&A yesterday to update the documents to show the cabin number; they entered the request and the documents updated overnight. Mike ordered tags this morning.

I have just booked a guaranteed JNR suite on Voyager which leaves in 5 weeks Sydney to NZ.

I got a great price and we mainly did it for the double points, but I will be very happy to get an upgrade!,

Here's hoping!

We are 7 days out with a JS Gty and haven't received a cabin assignment yet..... There are quite a few suites left, but no JS remaining.

Not holding my breath, but its so hard to wait still for an assignment this close!

Please report back what kind of stateroom you get. It seems that the JS gty on Oasis/Allure are more likely to get assigned something better than a JS.

I have just booked a guaranteed JNR suite on Voyager which leaves in 5 weeks Sydney to NZ.

I got a great price and we mainly did it for the double points, but I will be very happy to get an upgrade!,

Here's hoping!

You definitely gained extra points and extra space by upgrading to the JS gty. A JS could open up, of course, but if none are available now, it seems as if you should have a shot at an upgrade. let us know how it works out.

We are 7 days out with a JS Gty and haven't received a cabin assignment yet..... There are quite a few suites left, but no JS remaining.

Not holding my breath, but its so hard to wait still for an assignment this close!

Hi, Goldilocks. The OP (Penny) and I "met" on this thread; we are both on the Oasis cruise 11/10. we both upgraded to "w" gty booking weeks ago. we were both assigned Crown Lofts 4 days ago. so Royal has been giving upgrades on your cruise. Let us know if you get one, too.

I have taken the balcony gty bet on Freedom class; I think I could enjoy any balcony cabin on that ship. Not that I have been in every cabin, but I will happily try over the coming years.

I probably would not pay another $1000 for a W on a 7 day cruise either. There is so much one can do with that money. Keep watching; maybe that price will drop.

Please tell us when you get your X assignment.

Checked this morning and we were assigned E2 6260 which is over Sorrento's so I dont' think noise will be a factor. I was thinking they might wait until final payment which is due in 10 days. I'm fine with it.. better than the deck 3 OV I had before :)

Checked this morning and we were assigned E2 6260 which is over Sorrento's so I dont' think noise will be a factor. I was thinking they might wait until final payment which is due in 10 days. I'm fine with it.. better than the deck 3 OV I had before :)

Actually, when I checked again, the balcony guarantee priced dropped significantly ($120 per person), so I got the price drop but they had to put me back in the pool! Fine with me!

Oh, yes that is much better than an OV:D. I believe there are hump E2's available...Maybe you will want to switch to one of them? I see 8634, 7644, 7340, and 7342. I'd grab that mid hump cabin on 7. Also, I'd watch like a hawk as final payment time comes...somebody with an even more E2 desirable cabin may well cancel rather than pay up. Be ready to grab it if they do:D

Edit: I just noticed, there is also aft cabin 9704. You could plug those cabin numbers into this forum's search function and see which cabins are most appealing to you. You lucky gal, you already have a nice cabin at a nice price, and you may have options to swap it for one you might like even better.

Actually, when I checked again, the balcony guarantee priced dropped significantly ($120 per person), so I got the price drop but they had to put me back in the pool! Fine with me!

Oops, I was typing when you posted this. Congrats on the price drop, and good luck on the new assignment. there are good balconies available on your sailing.

Oops, I was typing when you posted this. Congrats on the price drop, and good luck on the new assignment. there are good balconies available on your sailing.

I'll see if I can get one of those hump balconies once we get assigned again.. That would be great!

Hi, Goldilocks. The OP (Penny) and I "met" on this thread; we are both on the Oasis cruise 11/10. we both upgraded to "w" gty booking weeks ago. we were both assigned Crown Lofts 4 days ago. so Royal has been giving upgrades on your cruise. Let us know if you get one, too.

Absolutely- when we get assigned, I'll post back. We had a journey to the JS Gty- the prices were just too good to not continue to upgrade. We started with a Boardwalk balcony room, and then upgraded to D1, and then finally upgraded to JS Gty. We'll see what happens!

Absolutely- when we get assigned, I'll post back. We had a journey to the JS Gty- the prices were just too good to not continue to upgrade. We started with a Boardwalk balcony room, and then upgraded to D1, and then finally upgraded to JS Gty. We'll see what happens!

Great. I darted in a C1 and moved up to the deluxe gty; very glad we upgraded. My fingers are crossed for you.

There are some nice people on the roll call for our cruise. There will be a meet and mingle; Royal Caribbean usually draws for prizes. Please come join us if you have not already. I am organizing a cabin crawl right after the M&M where we will view several cabin types. You are certainly welcome if you'd like to participate. Maybe you will be assigned a cabin that is so nice you'll want to it show it to other:D.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1486907

So glad you got the upgrade, just got home from our allure Oct 28 sailing the crown loft was amazing we had a great time, don't let ANYBODY tell you that it is to far away from the action it was so quite on deck 17 and the elevators weren't a long wait at all have a great time the loft are awsome , also we ate breakfast in the c l it was never crowded and the service was superb, if you have any questions feel free to ask

So glad you got the upgrade, just got home from our allure Oct 28 sailing the crown loft was amazing we had a great time, don't let ANYBODY tell you that it is to far away from the action it was so quite on deck 17 and the elevators weren't a long wait at all have a great time the loft are awsome , also we ate breakfast in the c l it was never crowded and the service was superb, if you have any questions feel free to ask

Did u take any pictures of the suite?!

Archived