How long have you waited for a 'guarantee' assignment & what kind of cabin?

SnappyNappi

So glad you got the upgrade, just got home from our allure Oct 28 sailing the crown loft was amazing we had a great time, don't let ANYBODY tell you that it is to far away from the action it was so quite on deck 17 and the elevators weren't a long wait at all have a great time the loft are awsome , also we ate breakfast in the c l it was never crowded and the service was superb, if you have any questions feel free to ask

Welcome back. So glad you had a great time in your loft. Honestly, I had never considered that the lofts might be too far from the action. Last time our BW aft on deft 12 was a long way from many things but close to others. On such a big ship, isn't something always a good distance away? I love big ships and will happily walk to the other end. were ther four of you in the crown loft? If so, did that work out well?

I'm baaaaack... We have power since yesterday and our cable, Internet and phones are back as of late this afternoon. That Sandy thought she could keep us down, but we are New Jersians!!!

I am going to be catching up over the next couple of days to see what I missed in the last week... I hope there is good news from others who were waiting for GTY assignments.

CRUISATICK, so happy that you enjoyed your loft suite... I am so excited about our CL assignment...but STILL haven't told DH yet. Yes, even after being here in the house together for the last week since Sandy hit, Really trying to keep the surprise for when we get on the ship. Only a few more days... Wish me luck.

I'm baaaaack... We have power since yesterday and our cable, Internet and phones are back as of late this afternoon. That Sandy thought she could keep us down, but we are New Jersians!!!

I am going to be catching up over the next couple of days to see what I missed in the last week... I hope there is good news from others who were waiting for GTY assignments.

CRUISATICK, so happy that you enjoyed your loft suite... I am so excited about our CL assignment...but STILL haven't told DH yet. Yes, even after being here in the house together for the last week since Sandy hit, Really trying to keep the surprise for when we get on the ship. Only a few more days... Wish me luck.

It is good that your power, cable and phone are back. who thought the storm would keep your area down for long? Not me. Easier to pack when one has power, no doubt.

Booked a guaranteed Jnr last Thursday and got our room allocated today.

We have been upgraded to a Grand Suite- fabulous news

Awesome news, OZ5! That was a quick assignment for your guarantee and such a nice upgrade for you as well. Enjoy that Grand Suite on your trip in just over a month!!

...still no assignment! All the JS and GS are showing as sold out

Hey there Bekka!! I was just looking at the website as well and I bet you'll get one of those luxurious CL suites!!:D Who knows, maybe even the RL!!;) I'm sure that would be an exceptional wedding gift from RCI to you two. Besides, then you can show us lowly JS people your cabin so we can be oh so envious!:p In case I get super busy and forget to say it in a few days....HAVE A WONDERFUL WEDDING DAY!!!:):) Hope you'll have some pics to show your fellow cruisers on OASIS.

Teri

Hey there Bekka!! I was just looking at the website as well and I bet you'll get one of those luxurious CL suites!!:D Who knows, maybe even the RL!!;) I'm sure that would be an exceptional wedding gift from RCI to you two. Besides, then you can show us lowly JS people your cabin so we can be oh so envious!:p In case I get super busy and forget to say it in a few days....HAVE A WONDERFUL WEDDING DAY!!!:):) Hope you'll have some pics to show your fellow cruisers on OASIS.

Teri

Like, like, like!!!! :D

Perhaps you will arrive at the pier to find you've been assigned the Captain's berth! :D

HA! Wouldn't that have been interesting!

Hubby looked today and we finally got an assignment- a GS on deck 6. We are both quite satisfied with that assignment- especially since there are some JS's that are open now.

Upgraded from a D1 to a JS Gty about 2 weeks ago, and finally got assigned this morning to a GS. And cannot wait to sail!

Hubby looked today and we finally got an assignment- a GS on deck 6. We are both quite satisfied with that assignment- especially since there are some JS's that are open now.

Upgraded from a D1 to a JS Gty about 2 weeks ago, and finally got assigned this morning to a GS. And cannot wait to sail!

Awesome Grand Suite assignment on the JS Guarantee - That is great news!

That is fabulous. Nice space and a gold card:D. See you in the Concierge Lounge.

Goldilocks875 -

Didn't realize that you are on the Oasis with us (me and Starry Eyes) this Saturday... (Sorry, not back in the swing of things again yet - I am really not such a dunce.) Can't wait to meet you on Saturday... Congratulations again on your GS assignment and see you on the ship!

Use caution with deck 14. There are public decks above, so some potential for noise, if that will bother MIL. there should be a view to the aqua theater, but there is some ship structure that can obstruct the view straight back. Did they tell you that cabin is marked obstructed on the deck plan? i'd favor the cabin I mentioned on deck 11...or the one straight across from it if MIL would like to have the bed by the closet instead by the balcony. the public decks on the aft of deck 11 and 12 are nice to have nearby...14 does not have that.

you got a W for a triple...lucky you...I hear those are uncommon. I hope they sell that JS and upgrade you eventually.

I just got my internet service back and looked at the decl plans on my computer as opposed to iPhone and found that the cabin I changed to has an obstructed view. That, in addition to the other concerns prompted me to switch yet again. The cabin you had suggested was gone according to the rep but I was able to switch to 8715. I don't think the bed is near the balcony if I read the diagram correctly but my MIL doesn't much care where the bed is. She is a napper so I actually think it may be better to have it a bit farther away from the light.

Still no word on the JS GTY. Rep tells me there are no JS triples available but we are still a few days before final payment and things can always change. I don't expect to hear anytime soon but I will update when I do get the assignment.

Thanks for all the good advice!

I just got my internet service back and looked at the decl plans on my computer as opposed to iPhone and found that the cabin I changed to has an obstructed view. That, in addition to the other concerns prompted me to switch yet again. The cabin you had suggested was gone according to the rep but I was able to switch to 8715. I don't think the bed is near the balcony if I read the diagram correctly but my MIL doesn't much care where the bed is. She is a napper so I actually think it may be better to have it a bit farther away from the light.

Still no word on the JS GTY. Rep tells me there are no JS triples available but we are still a few days before final payment and things can always change. I don't expect to hear anytime soon but I will update when I do get the assignment.

Thanks for all the good advice!

Since she likes to nap, moving off deck 14 is a good decision; the public deck above has potential for noise transmission. Nothing wrong with the cabin you selected. Not that it matters to your MIL, but I think the bed is by the balcony (the triples have bed by closet, the ones next door have bed by balcony). I look forward to hearing if you get a good assignment on your triple JS gty.

Yes we hAD 4 IN THE LOFT AND IT WASN'T AN ISSUE WITH THE 2 BATHS THERE WAS PLENTY OF ROOM

Thanks for answering. There are only two of us, but some CC posters opined there was not enough privacy for four guests in a CL. Given that four people cram into much smaller spaces, that was a head-scratcher for me.

Well, 1 week after I got the price drop on our X guarantee for our Freedom cruise, they assigned us to 6268. I promptly called this morning and got 8634 on the hump! Very nice! :)

thanks for letting me know I could call and get this changed!

Well, 1 week after I got the price drop on our X guarantee for our Freedom cruise, they assigned us to 6268. I promptly called this morning and got 8634 on the hump! Very nice! :)

thanks for letting me know I could call and get this changed!

That is excellent! Enjoy that cabin.

That is excellent! Enjoy that cabin.

You won't believe this but after I made the call I thought I should have checked the price first. Sure enough, it dropped again. $80pp ($160 total) so back in the pool we went. I may lose the hump cabin but there are still plenty available on Deck 7 so I'm sure after they assign me Deck 6 again.. I will call and move it. Final payment is due this week so more cabins may open up. Now only paying $799 pp for balcony. Can't beat that!

Archived