How long have you waited for a 'guarantee' assignment & what kind of cabin?

SnappyNappi

You won't believe this but after I made the call I thought I should have checked the price first. Sure enough, it dropped again. $80pp ($160 total) so back in the pool we went. I may lose the hump cabin but there are still plenty available on Deck 7 so I'm sure after they assign me Deck 6 again.. I will call and move it. Final payment is due this week so more cabins may open up. Now only paying $799 pp for balcony. Can't beat that!

That is funny. It is nice that you got a price drop again, especially since you seem pretty flexible about cabins.

I just jumped in the pool for our Hawaii repo cruise next year - GTY's opened up a few weeks ago and for $100 pp it didn't seem worth taking the chance but today it dropped again and we'll save over $1500 for 3 of our cabins (we're inside people) from what we originally booked!!

182 days from sailing - it's going to be a long wait to see what we get assigned!! Fingers X'ed we don't get assigned the Q's since there's so few of them and 3 near each other. At least with the other categories of interiors there's hundreds of them on board.

We booked two interior GTY cabins on the 4th of november for the voyager of the seas 8th of december. On the website, it is only showing one available balcony cabin otherwise it is sold out, when do you think we will receive our cabin assignments? and it would most likely be in an interior room wouldn't it?

OK, we were on Freedom in 2.12 w 19 friends. before we left we bought our next cruise certificates...so we booked for Allure of the Sea 2.23.13, Well I have planned and organized for 29 of us this year...

Long story short we have had a run of bad luck, sickness resulting in financial hardship..now were back on track. but during that time I canceld my cruise and got a refund... NOW I rebooked a "Z" catagory

because it was cheap and I wanted to be on the ship....I just wanted to be on the ship!!

Now that I read your post I realize I really dont know what I could end up, so whats your thoughts.

Thanks

I just jumped in the pool for our Hawaii repo cruise next year - GTY's opened up a few weeks ago and for $100 pp it didn't seem worth taking the chance but today it dropped again and we'll save over $1500 for 3 of our cabins (we're inside people) from what we originally booked!!

182 days from sailing - it's going to be a long wait to see what we get assigned!! Fingers X'ed we don't get assigned the Q's since there's so few of them and 3 near each other. At least with the other categories of interiors there's hundreds of them on board.

Update - assigned 3 Inside L's "Larger Interior" side by side in less than 48 hours at that...

The last 2 Saturday mornings I've had my cabin assignment, only to make a change to take advantage of a price drop. We are after final payment now so I figured I would get up this morning and see our cabin assignment but it hasn't been made. I'll keep checking!

7 days until embarkation and we're still unassigned. Currently no JS available and only 2 GS so my fingers are still crossed for that CL!

Bekka I hope you are brining pictures with you on the Oasis as we're all looking forward to seeing what a gorgeous bride you made!! Jenna posted a few on our roll call thread the other day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you as well. I'm positive you wil at least be in one of those OS or maybe they will give you that PL??? If so, the party will be at your suite, lol.

Safe travels and we will see you in a week!!!:)

Teri

7 days until embarkation and we're still unassigned. Currently no JS available and only 2 GS so my fingers are still crossed for that CL!

What you are seeing available means very little. Revenue not only can be holding back cabins but also can very easily upgrade someone in a JS category to open up a cabin for someone who took a cat "W". Revenue also has been know to call people in lower category suite cabins and offer then paid discounted upgrade opportunities to CLS.

What you are seeing available means very little. Revenue not only can be holding back cabins but also can very easily upgrade someone in a JS category to open up a cabin for someone who took a cat "W". Revenue also has been know to call people in lower category suite cabins and offer then paid discounted upgrade opportunities to CLS.

Yeah I know, but that is much less fun than dreaming about a CL!!

Bekka I hope you are brining pictures with you on the Oasis as we're all looking forward to seeing what a gorgeous bride you made!! Jenna posted a few on our roll call thread the other day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you as well. I'm positive you wil at least be in one of those OS or maybe they will give you that PL??? If so, the party will be at your suite, lol.

Safe travels and we will see you in a week!!!:)

Teri

Hi Teri!

I can't post pictures (I'm logged in on my phone in a Starbucks) but rest assured I have brought plenty to show everyone :) looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday - only 5 days to go now!

Yeah I know, but that is much less fun than dreaming about a CL!!

there were many upgrades on our cruise, including many people upgraded to CL's. Do not plan on more than a JS, of course, but there is plenty of room to dream. And the CL is indeed a cabin worthy of a dream. let us know when you get the assignment.

Congrats and have a great cruise.

Quick update - this morning I recieved a "upsell" call to a CLS. I told the TA (not mine, he is on vacation, but the woman covering for him called asap) that I needed a few minutes (I was driving in LA downtown traffic) and I'd call right back. I called exactly 7 minutes later, she calls RCCL - AND....they have sold all available upsells and too bad for me. She called revenue and loyality to confirm. There are still cabins available online, but who knows what RCCL is doing. There are now cabins in JS, GS, etc. so I guess others were quicker to the draw than I was. Oh well, at least we will be cruising!!!

Quick update - this morning I recieved a "upsell" call to a CLS. I told the TA (not mine, he is on vacation, but the woman covering for him called asap) that I needed a few minutes (I was driving in LA downtown traffic) and I'd call right back. I called exactly 7 minutes later, she calls RCCL - AND....they have sold all available upsells and too bad for me. She called revenue and loyality to confirm. There are still cabins available online, but who knows what RCCL is doing. There are now cabins in JS, GS, etc. so I guess others were quicker to the draw than I was. Oh well, at least we will be cruising!!!

I too got a call to upsell to a CLS but just couldn't see spending an additional $450/pp. If they had offered a GS for say $200/pp I might have been able to justify it. Guess better luck next time for us as well. Still excited to at least be in a JS for the first time. See you Saturday!!

I too got a call to upsell to a CLS but just couldn't see spending an additional $450/pp. If they had offered a GS for say $200/pp I might have been able to justify it. Guess better luck next time for us as well. Still excited to at least be in a JS for the first time. See you Saturday!!

If they call me back I will tell them to do just that - offer you my GS :-) See you Saturday!

If they call me back I will tell them to do just that - offer you my GS :-) See you Saturday!

I decided do as your TA did and called back to see if they were going to offer any GS at a reasonable upsell and when Rosie called me back today they were able to give me a GS for magically what I was willing to pay. ;) It was probably silly to spend the extra $ however with it being our big celebration cruise and the fact that I'm getting the GS for less than I would have originally paid for a JS and we used a RCCL Visa reward equal to the price of an OV I just couldn't resist. We will probably not travel in anything above a JS again as after my January trip we will be Diamond and will be able to partake in the Diamond Lounge. Now Bill and I will get to experience the Concierge Lounge and any other true suite perks and still get our double points!!! Can't wait to see what all the buzz is about the Grand Suites!!!:D See you Saturday. Goodness knows I need a vacation desperately!!

Deck 9 JS with a hump balcony :)

Congrats Bekka!! We did the upgrade to a GS on deck 8 starboard side so we are really excited. (Well I am, Bill would be happy anywhere as long as we're cruising :D) I hope that I won't be sad about giving up that hump balcony to get into the GS. Guess I'll let the Concierge Lounge help soothe any concerns I have after boarding, lol!! Hope you're enjoying yourself as a married woman and look forward to meeting you on the OASIS!!! :)

Ladies - guess what? I'm in a CLS! Short story is exactly the same story as yours, family! MY TA's people (the ones covering for him - he is actually on vacation and they are still going over and above) called RCCL today because they "couldn't let this one get by." Well, now I'm in cabin 1754 and you're in a suite as well!

Bekka - it still might change! My fingers are crossed for you! I'm hoping my change will cause a domino effect again! :D I can't wait to meet you and toast to you and Rhys' marriage!

Ladies - guess what? I'm in a CLS! Short story is exactly the same story as yours, family! MY TA's people (the ones covering for him - he is actually on vacation and they are still going over and above) called RCCL today because they "couldn't let this one get by." Well, now I'm in cabin 1754 and you're in a suite as well!

Bekka - it still might change! My fingers are crossed for you! I'm hoping my change will cause a domino effect again! :D I can't wait to meet you and toast to you and Rhys' marriage!

So happy for you! We are all in for a great trip!! I was just surfing the boards to find out all of the perks that will now come with the GS and it looks like we will probably dine at the Concierge Lounge for breakfast and lunch when possible. If I read it correctly, beer and wine are included for the lunches? I had already booked all of our shows so don't need help there but it is also nice to know we may not have to deal with chair hogs if we use the special sunbathing area. Guess we'll have to see how it goes. Safe travels and congrats on your upgrade!!

So happy for you! We are all in for a great trip!! I was just surfing the boards to find out all of the perks that will now come with the GS and it looks like we will probably dine at the Concierge Lounge for breakfast and lunch when possible. If I read it correctly, beer and wine are included for the lunches? I had already booked all of our shows so don't need help there but it is also nice to know we may not have to deal with chair hogs if we use the special sunbathing area. Guess we'll have to see how it goes. Safe travels and congrats on your upgrade!!

Yes - email me at classynfun @gmail.com and I will forward the email the concierge sent this weekend!

Bekka - I'm crossing my fingers for you to join us too!

Congratulations! That is a great upgrade :) you too Terri, how exciting for you and Bill. You never know, the fairy may visit us prior to embarkation

Archived