How long have you waited for a 'guarantee' assignment & what kind of cabin?

SnappyNappi

Well, not sure if I can actually brag, but I am very happy.

Got my room assignment this afternoon. I booked about 7:30 PM tuesday night, so less than 48 hrs.

I am on the Liberty and was assigned cabin 8288. A E1 balcony, exactly the guarantee I booked. Midship, which I was kinda worried about, as it looked like there were mostly forward cabins left.

So I am very happy and now I can go search the "luggage tag" thread and figure out how to make my own!!

good luck to everyone else.

Got my room assignment this afternoon. I booked about 7:30 PM tuesday night, so less than 48 hrs.

I am on the Liberty and was assigned cabin 8288. A E1 balcony, exactly the guarantee I booked. Midship, which I was kinda worried about, as it looked like there were mostly forward cabins left.

So I am very happy and now I can go search the "luggage tag" thread and figure out how to make my own!!

Good news for you Waterbug! The E1 is going to be a nice balcony cabin for you and I am sure that you will enjoy it. They say that getting the same category as the lowest guarantee is the norm and an 'upgrade' is less likely, so at least you got a cabin in a location that you were hoping for. SO FAST too for your assignment. I am still waiting, but our cruise date is still 50 days out so it might be a while longer (same date/different ships, right?).

I'd like to do a Freedom class at some point. You will have to let me know how you like it after you get back. Happy Sailing in that Liberty balcony cabin.

that is a nice assignment. Do you like aft cabins? If so, there are a couple E1 balconies available on LOS 11/10 (8412 and 6710). I love afts and the view of the wake, so I'd call and ask to change, but you do have a terrific cabin, especially if midship suits you.

Sorry, read the post wrong. There is 6710 open. Has anyone stayed there? Eperiences?

Again. I found photos and you don't look directly down at the water, but I'm kinda liking the idea of the loungers. Will run by hubby

You already have a very good cabin, so any decision you make will be a happy one. As an aft lover on a sailing with available aft cabins, your category assignment (E1) and a quick assignment would have been EXACTLY what I'd have wanted. And starting with a nice midship balcony is fabulous...you can move if you want or stay put if you want.

I have been on aft balconies on other series, but not (yet) on Freedom class. on Voyager class there is ship superstructure swooping around you, which I hind rather sculptural...opinions vary. Looking down from many afts, one can see part of some decks or balconies...Never bothered me. The larger balconies, wind shelter, view of the wake and quiet halls attract me. It is a long way from elevators and stairs, so those with walking difficulty (or poor planners who are always going back to the cabin for some little thing) may not like aft.

Of the two, my gut says 8412 over deck 6, but I'd investigate before deciding.

I did a google search and somebody has posted a you tube video of deck and cabin 8412...that might give you an idea. Also try the search function on this site, plugging in cabin numbers. Remember Indy and Freedom cabin should be the same as LOS, so pics of any will help you.

Do you think it would be bothersome to be in an adjoining cabin to the royal family suite?

Thanks for the YouTube idea. I watched the video twice. Don you think there are loungers? Or just chairs on the balcony? Kinda hard to tell when she is filming or when she is getting suite next door

Ok, snagged 8412 tonight. Hope we like aft

Actually I'm sure we will be fine, just hope not loud wild kids next to us

I hope you love the aft as much as I do.

Knock on wood, I have not yet had a truly bad neighbor on a cruiseship...most people are nice and reasonably considerate. And a wild person or a colicky baby could be in any cabin, so you'll never know what neighbor you avoided by moving. November is not a big month for kids cruising so there may not be little ones in the family suite. You may be next to a middle aged couple sailing with elderly parents or such.

You still have a decent bit of time before your cruise, so you may want to check the web now and then to see if an even better E1 comes available...if it does, I expect they will let you change again. I have seen excellent cabin come available weeks before the cruise...sometimes I grabbed it, sometimes I wished I could.

still waiting on mt grand suite gar on allure 10/28 aqua suites showed up for 2 passengers instead of the requiered 5 now that would be an awsome upgrade as all suites except one cl is avail for our cruise

Availability of suites (including aquas for 2) also seems pretty open on our cruise two weeks after yours. So far they have not offered a GS gty on ours, but I'd consider one for the right price. I hope you get a terrific assignment...please tell us when we get it.

thank you, we have 4 in our party and grand suite gar would only come up with 4 not 2 i guess this is thier way of getting a 3rd and 4th fare if they do upgrade us. I wanted to have the grand suite to ourselves bu my wife wanted her parents to get the suite perks,and didnt want to get seperated at shows or when we go to the cl,I wonder if they take that into consideration when asighning cabins,we have been waiting since june I hope the wait is worth it !! A ATS would be great with two bedrooms but a cl would be great also, with 2 floors that is a once in a lifetime cabin as we cant afford those kind of staterooms.The worst case senario would be a grand suite and that might be alittle tight,but the location of the grand suites are all the same just different floors so there is no bad location. good luck to all on their upgrades!!

Is yours 10/27 Oasis? If so, I believe it is on the C&A preview sale today and the general public Tuesday sale tomorrow. It looks like they are going to try to sell some more cabins before assigning your X. Please keep us posted.

Yes, that's ours.... Maybe they will sell out and we'll end up with something great, but really anything will be great!!

GACruzrs, I saw that your sailing was on the Tuesday sale flyer too - I am guessing that once they see what sells at the reduced cost, that you will hear shortly after. You only have 5 weeks to go before you board... :)

It seems like a lot of us are still waiting on our assignments for the end of October and November... I wonder if we will all get assigned around the same time. Anyway, still trying to pass the time, while we are waiting for our guarantee assignments. We are Sailing in 47 days... and more excited every day!

Still waiting to hear my GTY W for Indy sailing on 31 Oct. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Hi Clagmeister - be sure to let us know how you do with your Category W GTY... there are a bunch of us still waiting it out and checking in here on this thread. We will be very interested to hear what cabin you are assigned on Indy for your upcoming cruise.

Funny enough - our November 24th sailing (where all the W guarantees were assigned BEFORE final payment into JS) is also on the Tuesday sale. $1299 for a JS is awesome and it's nice to see some others are upgrading at such a reduced price! Hasn't even thought they might sell a ton and need our cabin - but that would be just fine with me! :-) Everyone would win then...lol

I am sailing on the Oasis on 10/27 and booked a W suite. I was given a junior suite right away. I could have paid $200 less and just booked the junior suite, but with being a diamond plus member I was hoping for a grand suite. Oh well, that is the risk we take booking a guarantee.

Hi,

We are going on Voyager on 24th November and were assigned our cabin last Thursday (a week after booking). We are in a promenade stateroom, Deck 7

Numbersgirl, Did you have an inside guarantee and got the promenade stateroom on the Voyager? That sounds like a nice assignment for you, especially on Deck 7. The Voyager is similar to the Explorer (same class), which I have traveled on and Deck 7 is high enough that you will be able to see what is happening in the promenade (Deck 5, I believe) but not have to feel like you are in the middle of it all. I think you will really like it!

I am sailing on the Oasis on 10/27 and booked a W suite. I was given a junior suite right away. I could have paid $200 less and just booked the junior suite, but with being a diamond plus member I was hoping for a grand suite. Oh well, that is the risk we take booking a guarantee.

PMKEJK,

Yes, it is a gamble... sorry you didn't get the GS that you were hoping for, but you seem to have a great attitude about the assignment and I am sure you will be very happy in your JS. Thankfully, our W Guarantee was less than the JS upgrade (thus, the REAL reason that I took the W Guarantee instead of just choosing a JS). I am still waiting for my assignment for the Oasis/November 10th Sailing, but I am patient... still more than 6 weeks out (45 days, but who is counting - LOL!) and I am enjoying 'chatting' with others on the CC boards about it while we wait it out.

Archived