How long have you waited for a 'guarantee' assignment & what kind of cabin?

SnappyNappi

Funny enough - our November 24th sailing (where all the W guarantees were assigned BEFORE final payment into JS) is also on the Tuesday sale. $1299 for a JS is awesome and it's nice to see some others are upgrading at such a reduced price! Hasn't even thought they might sell a ton and need our cabin - but that would be just fine with me! :-) Everyone would win then...lol

Nice that everyone can get the benefit of a great price... Have a great trip in your JS! :)

I have booked our last 3 cabins on Guarantee

I think depending on time to cruise will depend on when the computer will

spit out your cabin number.

Most recently we were very close to cruise date and we were sent cabin

number within hours

Cruise before that within 24 hrs.

Interestingly, computer seemed to know our preference for cabins....

Fwd/Deck 9 or 10....

Don't know if this was a fluke but have been VERY happy with Guarantees

and SAVED a lot of money!!!

hi Penny,

yes we booked an inside guarantee so have been very lucky to get the promenade room.

That is a great assignment for an inside guarantee. I hope you enjoy it - you will have to report back to us and let us know. If I were to do an inside, I think that is what I would want. I think it would be a fun place to be.. an inside room with a view to people-watch. :)

I just booked my first guarantee this week. Do they email when a cabin is assigned or do I just keep checking the reservation?

Thanks

I've never received an email when a guarantee is assigned. I just kept checking the website and noticed when a stateroom number appeared.

Hey Wendy... Guarantees are back on the site again... Over/Under for this time?? LOL!

I'm glad it is back...The more the merrier. It is fun to guess how long it will last, isn't it Penny. I wonder if we will make the Tuesday sale soon.

Well, my TA somehow worked his magic and sent me an email on Tuesday that said,"talked to Royal. Hope you're happy. I know I am!" I went on to the website and...I have a GS on Deck 11, starboard!! :-) As you can tell, I'm ecstatic!

That is wonderful, Classy. Thanks for sharing and giving us some hope.

I'm glad it is back...The more the merrier. It is fun to guess how long it will last, isn't it Penny. I wonder if we will make the Tuesday sale soon.

Wendy,

I am kinda digging not knowing yet. BTW - still keeping the secret from DH. I keep checking the website with excitement every morning (and night before I go to bed)... what will I look for once we are assigned. LOL! About that Tuesday Sale - My bet is next week... we will be just about one calendar month out from our sail date on Tuesday, October 9th... if not the October 2nd Tuesday Sale, my bet is for the 9th. TTYS! :)

Well, my TA somehow worked his magic and sent me an email on Tuesday that said,"talked to Royal. Hope you're happy. I know I am!" I went on to the website and...I have a GS on Deck 11, starboard!! :-) As you can tell, I'm ecstatic!

That is just awesome for you, Classy! I would be ecstatic too - I am thrilled that you were able to get into that GS that you wanted!!! Now just cross your fingers for the rest of us. Safe Travels!!!

Well I just went out and I have a room. I booked this past Tuesday for a 4 day Monarch on 1/7/13 as an oceanview guarantee and got 5062- mid ship and in the middle of the ship. Not a suite but for what I paid, it's okay. DH and I took same cruise last year and started in an oceanview and upgraded to a superior oceanview a month before the crusie. So I'll keep checking. Want to go on her one more time!

Thanks CCers- I Love CC- I learn so much here.

Wendy,

I am kinda digging not knowing yet. BTW - still keeping the secret from DH. I keep checking the website with excitement every morning (and night before I go to bed)... what will I look for once we are assigned.

Good job on keeping the secret! I'm more obsessive than you with the checking even though I'm pretty sure they don't assign cabins in the middle of the day ;). 29 days and still waiting!

Good job on keeping the secret! I'm more obsessive than you with the checking even though I'm pretty sure they don't assign cabins in the middle of the day ;). 29 days and still waiting!

I was thinking the same thing about when they assign the cabins... That they do it overnight or over a weekend. I wonder if we can get anyone to weigh in on timing during the day or day of the week that they are assigned if they opt for a guarantee...? Anyone???

I was thinking the same thing about when they assign the cabins... That they do it overnight or over a weekend. I wonder if we can get anyone to weigh in on timing during the day or day of the week that they are assigned if they opt for a guarantee...? Anyone???

Any guar I have done has always got assigned in the daytime....more specifically in the morning or late in the afternoon. I don't believe the dept that assigns cabins operates on weekends.

Any guar I have done has always got assigned in the daytime....more specifically in the morning or late in the afternoon. I don't believe the dept that assigns cabins operates on weekends.

Well that shoots a hole in my theory... LOL! I was thinking that it would be done through overnight maintenance or something like that - however, I do have to say that there is some comfort in believing that there is a person or people involved in the assignment process and not just a computer making the decisions. :rolleyes:

waiting a month is not bad I have been waiting since june for our cabin we are booked in a grand suite gar oct 28 on allure, all suites are showing sold out except for one crown loft suite

I hope you get that crown loft. Either way, please come back and tell us when you get your assignment.

Well that shoots a hole in my theory... LOL! I was thinking that it would be done through overnight maintenance or something like that - however, I do have to say that there is some comfort in believing that there is a person or people involved in the assignment process and not just a computer making the decisions. :rolleyes:

I think most or all my assignment came during the day. Still, I think it may be a computer making most or all of the decisions. But who knows? I check at least a couple times a day, and I suspect DH does as well.

Archived