How long have you waited for a 'guarantee' assignment & what kind of cabin?

SnappyNappi

The likelihood even on a Grand Suite Guar to get anything above a Crown Loft is extremely slim. I have heard of folks on W Guar on Oasis/Allure get Crown Lofts....but anything above that they will usually try to sell the higher cabin and move people up that way....IE...paid upgrade for someone in a OS and move them to an ATS...then move someone from a GS to the OS and free up a GS that way.

I switched down from a GS to a W Guar when I saw it offered just a week before final payment due date on my sailing.....for a total saving of $2100 (being D+ the added perks don't mean anything to me)...that's no chump change . This was 1.5 weeks ago and just got assignment today....got a connecting deck 7 JS port side assignment :(... just called and switched it to a non-connecting starboard center hump deck 8 JS...I am happy:)

Above JS's there are currently only 3 GS's and 2 CL's showing available for this sailing....so I really wasn't expecting anything more than a JS.

We booked a balcony guarantee on Splendour right before final payment. It took about 3 weeks to get a cabin assigned. Shortly after (last week) they dropped the price of a W guarantee for less than we paid. Called the TA to switch to that. Within a few days, was assigned a JS on starboard side. Called TA to move to port side (sailing out of Venice) almost mid-ship. Never had anything larger than a balcony so very excited for a JS.

the chances of getting one of these cabins is about the same as the chances of alabama losing a football game ,slim but still possible :D

I know nothing of Alabama football, but I know your odds of a CL are better than mine. My fingers are crossed for you.

Booked a Cat W on Explorer for 10/14 about 60 days ago

No JS were available then - and havnt been since

10 days out and still no assignment

there are only 5 OS available and 2 Royal Family Suites avail

trying to be patient but I'm dying to know!

acording to bahathree your chances are bleak ,but i am a believer that all things are possible, i have read of people getting the royal suite on the day of sailing and from these bourds I can tell you that there is no means to rcis madness although some feel that they have it all figured out I beg to differ status does not seem to be rcis priority!!!

acording to bahathree your chances are bleak ,but i am a believer that all things are possible, i have read of people getting the royal suite on the day of sailing and from these bourds I can tell you that there is no means to rcis madness although some feel that they have it all figured out I beg to differ status does not seem to be rcis priority!!!

If you booked a W Guar and you are thinking that you have chances of getting a Royal Suite or Presidential suite.....well I have some nice land in FL I would like to sell you now:D

I booked a W and JS's are still available on my sailing (as for OP Penny). I completely expect a JS assignment, and I will happily sail in a JS. Still I will not totally write off the slim chance of an upgrade...I personally once booked a W and gotten a GS, so I know there is a chance (slim, I think, in my current case). Other posts on this forum report some W upgrades. I totally understand that such a gty upgrade a relatively uncommon...hence I expect to be in a JS. Still if those A's and CL's do not sell, somebody is going to get an upsell or an upgrade. Maybe a GS passenger gets an upgrade to a CL; that opens a GS for somebody else. Hope springs eternal...and it is cheap entertainment.

It is fun to think of the possibilities... the stories about the W category guarantee cruisers that are walked to their Royal Suite upon boarding, the folks that got bumped from a balcony guarantee to a Crown Loft Suite... you know those lucky people who get way more than they signed up for - but as Wendy said, realistically, you're much more likely to get an assignment in the category of your guarantee than something higher.

I will be extremely happy in a JS, I have never cruised in a category as high as a Junior Suite before and it will be a surprise for my hubby (if I can really keep my mouth shut). So a Junior Suite assignment will be better than any room that I have traveled in before! I am looking forward to my assignment, whatever it may be, because it is exciting to wait and wonder - AND I am thoroughly enjoying talking with others who are also waiting on these boards and being part of the excitement for everyone else.

I hope for the best assignment, but plan for the most likely and am very happy just with the fact that I will be CRUISING in just a few weeks from now!!!

Noyes66... You must be sure to tell us when you get your assignment! Here's hoping for a fabulous upgrade for you with the Category W. Have you ever been on the Explorer - She is a great ship!! I will be sailing on her in February for a Bahamas cruise - I am watching to see if there will be a guarantee for that sailing. However, I did so well booking my 8th floor D2 Balcony early, I will be very happy in that cabin for the price I paid! Only a little over a week till you sail - :)

It is fun to think of the possibilities... the stories about the W category guarantee cruisers that are walked to their Royal Suite upon boarding, the folks that got bumped from a balcony guarantee to a Crown Loft Suite... you know those lucky people who get way more than they signed up for - but as Wendy said, realistically, you're much more likely to get an assignment in the category of your guarantee than something higher.

I will be extremely happy in a JS, I have never cruised in a category as high as a Junior Suite before and it will be a surprise for my hubby (if I can really keep my mouth shut). So a Junior Suite assignment will be better than any room that I have traveled in before! I am looking forward to my assignment, whatever it may be, because it is exciting to wait and wonder - AND I am thoroughly enjoying talking with others who are also waiting on these boards and being part of the excitement for everyone else.

I hope for the best assignment, but plan for the most likely and am very happy just with the fact that I will be CRUISING in just a few weeks from now!!!

Snappy, I keep following this thread thinking you have gotten your assignment. Really hoping for you to snag a upgrade. Good luck in that and in keeping the secret from your husband. So any idea how you are going to do the surprise? Are you going to tell him before boarding or just walk to the room??

Will keep positive thoughts going for you

Snappy, I keep following this thread thinking you have gotten your assignment. Really hoping for you to snag a upgrade. Good luck in that and in keeping the secret from your husband. So any idea how you are going to do the surprise? Are you going to tell him before boarding or just walk to the room??

Will keep positive thoughts going for you

WATERBUG,

Thank you so much for the positive thoughts. I am SOOOOO excited about this cruise I can't even explain it! About the surprise - since I haven't gotten a cabin assignment yet, it is not so bad or hard so far keeping the secret. DH still thinks we are going to be in the C2-CP Balcony that I had originally booked. I KNOW that when I have the cabin assignment and it becomes real that we will be in a suite of any kind that it will be harder not to tell him. However, my daughter is my confidant and she is really trying to make me wait until we board and we just walk into the assigned cabin for him to find out... I think that might be the most fun way for him to find out and I think that is what I want to do.

I do all the organizing so it won't be hard to do it that way. He trusts me to make a great vacation and just likes to show up knowing that I have taken care of everything... I also ordered the champagne and strawberries to be delivered boarding day/evening, so he will be pretty shocked and will definitely know that I have worked some kind of 'magic'. This is a special cruise for us... we are traveling without our 3 kids for a full week - which we have NEVER done for more than a weekend (and our oldest just turned 17). I graduated college earlier this year and DH pretty much gave me carte blanche to plan whatever cruise I wanted for us (of course, within reason)... so he doesn't expect that I would turn it around to surprise him at all!

Having said ALL that, if anyone has any other ideas of how I can surprise him - I am certainly open to something that is more fun!

I was just checking in on this thread to see if anyone has heard anything this week... still no assignment for us, but maybe someone else has heard something this week??

Noyes66 - You leave in just a couple days... any assignment for you yet???

Noyes66, I too am curious if you have gotten your assignment since you cruise soon....please share.

Penny, as you would guess, I am waiting patiently for an assignment. I only see 7 JS on our cruise. Any of those or anything higher would be fine. I am really looking forward to the trip.

Penny, as you would guess, I am waiting patiently for an assignment. I only see 7 JS on our cruise. Any of those or anything higher would be fine. I am really looking forward to the trip.

Yes, Wendy - we are in the same boat (pun intended)... I have been watching closely since we still have no assignment on our guarantees for our sailing. So here is where we are at as of today...7 JS (dramatically down from the 26 that were available when we booked our JS guarantees), 5 GS, 1 RFS, 14 CLS, 1 ATS and 2 SLS... As I always say, I will be happy with anything, but it would be nice for something in the full-suite categories. ;)

Yes, Wendy - we are in the same boat (pun intended)... I have been watching closely since we still have no assignment on our guarantees for our sailing. So here is where we are at as of today...7 JS (dramatically down from the 26 that were available when we booked our JS guarantees), 5 GS, 1 RFS, 14 CLS, 1 ATS and 2 SLS... As I always say, I will be happy with anything, but it would be nice for something in the full-suite categories. ;)

Penny, it has been a dramatic drop in JS availability. Right now only five JS are showing for our cruise, though the number seems to bounce around a bit. maybe people are placing holds but not following through with the booking. I have not seen the "W" for our cruise for a while. i wonder if it will come back or not.

I hope Noyes66 got his assignment and is happily preparing to sail in a couple days.

Cruiseatick, have you gotten an assignment?

Wendy - I am just giddy at this point! Only 29 Days until we are on board... it is strange to see the number of available suites are dropping every day. Our sailing looks very full with less than a month to go and it was not included in the C&A Preview Sale. I saw that there were only 5 JS available as of late yesterday afternoon and still this morning. Since a hold is only for 24 hours, if they are coming back, we will see them pop in and out later today if they are going to. Anyway... Just excited to be getting on the ship in just 4 weeks from tomorrow!

I had hoped to hear from others who have posted on the thread to find out how they did with their assignments... everyone must be so busy and excited packing. I know that would be me :)

Wendy - I am just giddy at this point! Only 29 Days until we are on board... it is strange to see the number of available suites are dropping every day. Our sailing looks very full with less than a month to go and it was not included in the C&A Preview Sale. I saw that there were only 5 JS available as of late yesterday afternoon and still this morning. Since a hold is only for 24 hours, if they are coming back, we will see them pop in and out later today if they are going to. Anyway... Just excited to be getting on the ship in just 4 weeks from tomorrow!

I had hoped to hear from others who have posted on the thread to find out how they did with their assignments... everyone must be so busy and excited packing. I know that would be me :)

Last check... 2:00 PM - 4 JS left on our sailing... hmmm...

15 days out still no assignment yet all suires are showingsold out so i asume they are off the market so they can try to upsell the ats andpresidental suites we are starting to get excited now i asume that some w gar will be moved into gs and maybe we will get a cl or os ihope it makes you feel like they forgot about us lol.i will keep you all informed evan if i have to post at the pier!!!!

Archived