Trouble with Marriage License?

My fiance and I are getting married in Miami on the Carnival Liberty - so The Wedding Experience is taking care of getting our marriage license for us. We got an email Wednesday last week reminding us to send back our notarized copy of the licence - which we haven't received yet! I emailed them right back, said we haven't received it and double checked the address. I also wanted to know what would happen if we didn't receive it and when's the deadline to get it back to them. I just heard back from them today and all she said is that if it doesn't arrive I'll have to purchase a new one and that it has to be back by Oct. 8. My wedding is only 33 days away so now I'm freaking out a bit!

Has anyone else had trouble getting their marriage licence? How long did it take for it to arrive by mail? I would have thought that when mailing something that important they would have put tracking on the letter!!

Hey there!! 33 more days! :) We got our marriage license back about 2 weeks or so ago. I got an email saying it was sent out and we got in the mail 2 days later. It was sent regular postal service with no tracking number or anything. We sent it back the next day FedEx so I could make sure they got it. Who have you been talking to at TWE? I was in contact with Denise and she is really helpful.

[quote name='IslandBride102012']Hey there!! 33 more days! :) We got our marriage license back about 2 weeks or so ago. I got an email saying it was sent out and we got in the mail 2 days later. It was sent regular postal service with no tracking number or anything. We sent it back the next day FedEx so I could make sure they got it. Who have you been talking to at TWE? I was in contact with Denise and she is really helpful.[/QUOTE]

when did you start the process to get the license? Our wedding is not until February but I want to make sure we don't have any issues either

[quote name='albean86']when did you start the process to get the license? Our wedding is not until February but I want to make sure we don't have any issues either[/quote]

We did our Pre-Application online in the beginning of July and sent payment in shortly after that. I received an email from TWE letting me know they had everything they needed. They didn't begin processing the applications/licenses for my October wedding until early August. So if you send in your Pre-Application and payment in December you should be fine!! Please let me know if you have any other questions :)

[quote name='IslandBride102012']Hey there!! 33 more days! :) We got our marriage license back about 2 weeks or so ago. I got an email saying it was sent out and we got in the mail 2 days later. It was sent regular postal service with no tracking number or anything. We sent it back the next day FedEx so I could make sure they got it. Who have you been talking to at TWE? I was in contact with Denise and she is really helpful.[/quote]

I know - it's going to be here before we know it! :) I feel like I still have lots to do before then! How are your plans going?

As for the marriage license - I think we've got it sorted out, though it's costing us extra :( Denise was helpful and is going to get us another license. The first one was issued and she mailed it to us August 15th so it definitely should have arrived by now! We're going to pay for them to FedEx it to us which should have it arriving here next week. Then we'll have it sent back FedEx as well. Turns out we could have left the license and gone when we arrive in Miami (we're arriving Thursday afternoon so we could have gone then or Friday) but both of us would like to have it sorted out before then.

I'm starting to feel stressed! I have a billion things to do along with work, school, my business and my daughter! I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew this month lol
I'm glad they are getting it fixed for you! I can't believe you never got it! Where in the world could it have gone!?!? So crazy.
How is everything going with you beside that?

[quote name='OctoberBrideLiberty2012']I know - it's going to be here before we know it! :) I feel like I still have lots to do before then! How are your plans going?

As for the marriage license - I think we've got it sorted out, though it's costing us extra :( Denise was helpful and is going to get us another license. The first one was issued and she mailed it to us August 15th so it definitely should have arrived by now! We're going to pay for them to FedEx it to us which should have it arriving here next week. Then we'll have it sent back FedEx as well. Turns out we could have left the license and gone when we arrive in Miami (we're arriving Thursday afternoon so we could have gone then or Friday) but both of us would like to have it sorted out before then.[/quote]

Something very similar happened to us. Denise's "help" got us the license in time. But it also ended up costing us an arm and a leg and it wasn't our fault. I almost thought it was some kind of scam but we needed the license and were between a rock and a hard place. Good luck! You will get this taken care of and just remember it as a little bump in the road.

Archived