How does Norwegian Pearl compare to Carnival?

browneyedwoman

Food is definitely subjective. Just got off the Epic and I had the best food out of all of my cruises. Meanwhile, the last day I was in the photo area and a crew memeber asked someone how their cruise was and he said it was great except for the food. I instantly thought of this board and how everyone feels differently about the food. I wonder what the ones who don't like it were eating. I also had the best service on this cruise. I only ate at the buffet for breakfast and snacks. 1 dinner in the MDR, 2 (and 2 lunches) at Epic Club, the rest sepcialty meals and 1 lunch in a MDR. Our only meals that we were kind of meh on were our lunches in Epic club.

Our cruise did not have a chocolate buffet but I did have some chocolate and it was delicious.

ETA:

I see the OP is no longer going on a cruise, but hope the info helps others.

As you can see from my signature,I stuck strictly to NCL for quite sometime. 2 years ago branched out to Princess, then recently in June tried Carnival and leaving again on Carnival Legend in 3 weeks. My opinion....if you go with an open mind and want to have fun, you will! Honestly, I don't know if I can pick a favorite line or not. Here are my thoughts though I will share:

NCL has my favorite breakfasts, and I think better buffets.

Princess had the largest cabin that I had been in and enjoyed that cabin best.

NCL has the best shows entertainment.

Carnival has the best prices!! Living on the east coast makes it hard as we usually always have to fly. I do like that Carnival is coming to Boston more. Personally, I think Carnival had the least variety and not as great food. Was it horrid, no way! But I personally enjoyed NCL food more.

With this said, I would book on any of these lines anytime...I make the best of any vacation! Go and have fun!

Thanks for all of your input. I was really looking forward to taking my parents on another cruise. This time my husband was going to be able to come along too. Unfortunately I don't think the trip is going to happen now but I appreciate everyone's feedback although I don't understand what Grandma Hoffman is talking about. I never said anything bad about NCL. I was just curious to get a direct comparison from people that have actually sailed on each of the lines.

sorry it didn't work out for you.

Who knows who Grandma Hoffman was talking to. I questioned her earlier after her post but she never replied.

That is why you quote a post and then answer, so there is a way to know who you are answering.

Just posting something after 20 other post there is no way of knowing who they are responding to.

Bill

Archived