Which dive shop at Chakanaab?

Sheroo

I am trying to decide where to go for my 16 yr old to dive and my husband and I to snorkel. My son received his PADI certification several years ago and will have a refresher course before we leave. I want him to dive with someone rather than booking an excursion. I am looking at Chakanaab and understand they require someone to be with you when you dive. Who is recommended? I'm a mom. I am nervous about sending my son off with someone else. Please let me know a reputable, SAFE, diver to contact. We leave June 19th and I gotta act fast!

Doing a shore dive at Chankanaab is one option. Another might be to book a boat dive with Eagle Ray divers. They are very good with new divers and usually only take just a few people out at a time. You could even go along and snorkel while he dove.

My husband has done both and says the boat dives with Eagle Ray are by far much better than the shore dive at Chankanaab. Doing the shore dive at Chankanaab was convenient because the rest of our crew could hang out on the beach, but he was really disappointed after diving with Eagle Ray.

Sheroo,

We can recommend Miguel Fuentes at El Clavado dive shop in Chakanaab. We have used him three times, and he is an excellent guide and speaks very good English. We used him the first time to do an introduction to scuba which consist of a lecture that last about 45 minutes and then a dive that is about an hour. My S/O wasn't sure she would be able to dive because of a slight tendency to panc whem going under water with a mask on,but Miguel worked with her through it and we had a great dive. He literally never turned loose of her hand the entire dive except to take a picture of us by one of the underwater statutes. by the time we were finished, we were hooked and came back and got certified. El Clavado is the middele of the three dive shops and is very convenient to the restroomswe highly recommend him. if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Archived