Some features of Carnival Sunshine

Sargent_Schultz

• 4 weeks later...

We are cruising out of Barcelona on May 17th 2013. It will be only the 4th cruise since the Sunshine's retrofit. Hopefully they will have all the kinks worked out of it. I am looking forward to the new food options and draft beer that isn't Bud or Coors.

The cruise is 9 days and only 1 sea day. If the ship is as crowded as people complained about with the Destiny, I guess we will be luckey to be off the ship every day.

I figure we will so beat from the excursions, we will not want to stay up for the shows. Hopefully we will be able to make use of the expanded gym.

Thanks for sharing the picture. Personally I think she will be a great addition to Carnival's fleet, something new and different to experience. I can't believe all the negativity about a ship that hasn't sailed yet. If it doesn't sound like something you'd like - then by all means sail another ship. We're booked on a B2B next year and can't wait - I'd rather be on a ship, crowded or not, than work any day.

The Pizzeria sounds like the new pizza already on Breeze, Conquest and more. I think they are just changing the name.

I think this will be similar to the existing coffee bars

JavaBlue Café

Maybe you take your coffee straight-up, or perhaps you prefer your pick-me-up with an upgrade. From the simply caffeinated to the simply sublime, nothing satisfies your coffee craving like the brand-new JavaBlue Café, featuring fun twists on the hot and cold drinks you enjoy. While the coffee is the main event here, there’s more to JavaBlue — enjoy the baked treats we like to call “comfort snacks”… which you’ll call “delicious!”

Schedule:Carnival Sunshine (April 2013)

The Shake Spot

Shake Spot

Need a break from all the fun and sun? Grab something downright refreshing at Shake Spot, where we offer more than just your average shake. Of course, we’ve got you covered if you’re looking for a classic, but since you’re cruising, why not go for something tropical… or for the adults, maybe even spiked? With a variety of tempting, handcrafted shakes and indulgent floats, Shake Spot is your cool spot for something sweet.

OBX-shake-spot-1.ashx

Havana Bar

A spot that's intriguing by night and friendly anytime, step into the Havana Bar and be transported to an antebellum Cuba preserved today in old postcards, vintage literature… and classic delicacies. Take in great ocean views as you taste something authentically Cuban: café Cubano (that’s Cuban coffee!), handcrafted cocktails of Cuban origin (think daiquiris, mojitos and more), or mouth-wateringly fresh — and wallet-wateringly free — Cuban pastries. And this spot definitely doesn’t cool down when the sun goes down, with music and dancing keeping things hot well into the night.

OBX-havana-bar-1.ashx

OBX-havana-bar-2.ashx

We are cruising out of Barcelona on May 17th 2013. It will be only the 4th cruise since the Sunshine's retrofit. Hopefully they will have all the kinks worked out of it. I am looking forward to the new food options and draft beer that isn't Bud or Coors.

The cruise is 9 days and only 1 sea day. If the ship is as crowded as people complained about with the Destiny, I guess we will be luckey to be off the ship every day.

I figure we will so beat from the excursions, we will not want to stay up for the shows. Hopefully we will be able to make use of the expanded gym.

You get on just as we get off!

We board in Venice on May 5th, I'll try to leave some draft beer for ya:rolleyes:

I am sooooooo looking forward to those slides when I cruise Destiny next June!!!! It would be nice if they are fresh water---does anyone know if similar slides on other Carnival ships are fresh water? Probably not since Destiny's old slide was saltwater

I have to admit, I like the sound of a lot of the features. The 3 deck Serenity really intrigues me.

However, I can't get over the crowding issue. I will wait to hear reviews before I book her.

Maggie

I agree. I was planning on taking a break from Carnival after this cruise to try out other lines, but I may try Sunshine when it comes to NOLA, since I can drive there.

Not sure about the crowding, but it sounds like they are doing a lot of smaller venues with more of an ala carte feel to it, like AIs. I guess we will see if it works. I do plan on checking out reviews before I sail.

• 2 months later...

Archived