Parking in Galveston for Princess cruise

bobdyboo

Can anyone tell me about the EZ parking or Lighthouse parking? I ALWAYS use park-n-cruise, but they are no longer taking parking for the Princess cruise. Need to know which is best out of EZ parking or Lighthouse.

Thanks!

I have used EZ Cruise parking twice (discount online) and it was as convenient as it could be. We parked, got in the shuttle to go the couple of blocks to the cruise terminal and that was that.

On the way home their shuttle was waiting outside the cruise terminal and we were in our car and going down the road in less than 15 minutes.

I now use the Cruise Port parking because as a disabled veteran it is free. Not quite as convenient - but several drinks are several drinks :-)

Can anyone tell me about the EZ parking or Lighthouse parking? I ALWAYS use park-n-cruise, but they are no longer taking parking for the Princess cruise. Need to know which is best out of EZ parking or Lighthouse.

Thanks!

We have used EZ parking twice. It has worked out OK for us. The last time (during Spring Break) it was really crowded. Since there were only 2 of us we got to go on the shuttle going and coming back right away because they only had room for 2 more and the other people had large groups. Also if the lot gets full they send you to the overflow lot. I am not exactly sure where that is. We were able to park in the main lot.

EZ has smaller shuttles and there was a long line when we got off the ship. Lighthouse used buses. Their line was very, very short.

If you decide to use EZ book online, it is $5 cheaper. Also here is a code to get an additional $5 off: EZGIFT4

Sharon

EZ Cruise does have one or two remote lots. We had to use it once. You still go to the main lot (near the cruise ships) then caravan following a lead car to the remote lot. At least that's what we did. My point is -- With so many ships, I'm sure EZ Cruise and others will need to use their remote lots. So, don't count on always being able to walk to the ship.

Thanks guys. Looks like everyone has used EZ parking. I do like the fact that light house has covered parking, but at the same time I like the fact that you can walk from EZ cruise if need be. Still cant pick which one to use. LOL Hope to hear from someone that's used light house.

We have used EZ cruise several times. Shuttles are usually available. What we do is send one person out to get the car. They walk the 5 or 6 blocks to pick up the car and then drive back to the port to get the rest who are standing there with the luggage.

We have also dropped off the bags at the port first and then parked for embarkation. That way we are not lugging the bags on the shuttle. One time there was a large group waiting to be shuttled. My daughter, her friend and I walked to the port faster than waiting for the second shuttle.

Archived