Best outdoor bar location on Oasis of the seas

Kimbrrlee

Hi everyone!

We are cruising on the Oasis of the Seas in Dec. for our wedding. We are wondering if anyone can recommend an outdoor bar location for an informal cocktail hour. (We are just going to have everyone meet up their before dinner in chops) So we are hoping for everyones help. I want it outside because of the potential for evening lighting. Plus we would like to be able to see st. thomas in the background if at all possible. Thanks y'all!

On deck 16, the Solarium Bar, up in the front of the ship wouldn't be crowded in the evening. Als,o the Sky and Mast Bars would give a great view, but may not be open. The "Pool" Bars close between 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm.

Depending on what else may be going on, the Boardwalk Bar would also be nice. It is outside, there are extra tables near the Aquatheater, and views out the back of the ship.

Wipeout Bar at the aft deck 14'ish. Lots of space up there and likely not to be too crowded that time of the day. Since it's up high and all the way aft, you should have great views of the islands all around you as the ship sails away... You'll have a 180 degree view there.

I have to second the 'wind' comment -- can be chilly too on deck at night. Another option (although you forgo the view) is the Trellis Bar in Central Park -- lovely at night!

I vote for the Trellis Bar as well although you will not have a view of the island. However the bar is right by Chops in Central Park.

I agree Trellis Bar.

Many an evening while the wife and daughters were getting ready for dinner I had a great relaxing drink at the Trellis Bar. Never seemed to be busy at this time of day. Also, wind is not issue.

How many people do you have? Yes the bar next to chops is a good location but if there are a lot of people then could get a little congested.

Viking crown lounge offers some really nice views in the early evening and you would not suffer from effects of the wind.

Another advantage of the Viking crown lounge is that there is plenty of seating and it is only a flight of stairs to get down to an outside deck if you want to take photos.

You could start at the Viking Crown lounge, walk down to take pictures at the Mast or Sky Bar then proceed to chops or even stop off on level 8 and take the rising tides bar down to central park for your meal in chops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you can bear to forgo the water view, I agree with the others, Central Park, will be less windy and its right there near Chops. Also if you'd like the views without the breeze, the Viking Crown lounge is pretty incredible, but is inside. Have your group meet at one of the sides of the bar for water and island views vs a view down into Central Park from center of the VC Lounge)

The Solarium is sort of indoors but again panoramic views, and the lighting is spectacular like Central Park, very romantic!

Depending on your mood and theme, wipeout and Boardwalk bars are a little casual, and more likely to have noisy things going on around you ( flowriders, and aqua shows )

• 1 month later...

Ok this is perfect thanks. Ill do investigation on the bars when I get aboard. We're so excited and I have to thank you all so much for your responses. It seems like the bar outside chops might be best. My mom will kill me if its too windy.

Xoxo

We're so excited. Will be posting a review when we return. Again thank you all for taking the time to help. It means a lot. ;)

(I failed to click the email me button below for responses. Lol)

Archived