Craft Beers - Oasis of the Seas Globe & Pub

mjdart

In 2009 I sailed on Independence of the Seas and was really disappointed in the beer selections on board. I wrote to Royal Caribbean and suggested they might want to carry more craft beers at the Pub. Well I just got back from an Oasis of the Seas cruise last week and was I pleased with the beer selections at the Globe and Atlas Pub. I will list them for reference. I found the prices within reason as well. Hope this helps those searching for details.

Becks Pilsner 4.80% $4.75

Carlsberg Pale Lager 5.00% $5.00

Harp Lager pale Lager 4.30% $5.75

Pilsner Urquell Pilsner 4.40% $4.75

Samuel Adams Amber Lager 4.90% $4.75

Spaten Lager 5.20% $5.75

Stella Artois Pale Lager 5.20% $4.75

Bass Ale English Ale 5.00% $5.75

Boddington English Ale 4.70% $5.95

Redhook Long IPA 6.50% $6.25

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale 5.60% $5.75

Widmer Hefeweizen 4.70 $6.25

Guiness Draft Stout 4.10% $5.95

Murphy's Stout 4.00% $5.95

Newcastle Brown Ale 4.70% $5.75

Samuel Adams Double Bock 9.50% $6.50

Blue Moon Belgian White 5.40% $4.75

Chimay Blue 750 ml Belgian Strong Ale 9.00% $19.95

Hoegarden Belgian White 5.00% $5.75

Leffe Belgian Blonde Ale 6.60% $5.75

Samuel Adams Imperial White 10.30% $6.50

The menu also lists beer cocktails like Black & Tan, Snakebite, Black & Blue, Black & White all mixed up for $6.95

Of course they also feature all the standards like Amstel, Bud, Bud Light, Coors Light,

Dos Equis, Foster's,Heineken, Michelob Ultra, Mller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite, Peroni, & Red Stripe all for between $4.75 to $6.00

Edited by mjdart

In 2009 I sailed on Independence of the Seas and was really disappointed in the beer selections on board. I wrote to Royal Caribbean and suggested they might want to carry more craft beers at the Pub. Well I just got back from an Oasis of the Seas cruise last week and was I pleased with the beer selections at the Globe and Atlas Pub. I will list them for reference. I found the prices within reason as well. Hope this helps those searching for details.

Spaten Lager 5.20% $5.75

The menu also lists beer cocktails like Black & Tan, Snakebite, Black & Blue, Black & White all mixed up for $6.95

Of course they also feature all the standards like Amstel, Bud, Bud Light, Coors Light,

Dos Equis, Foster's,Heineken, Michelob Ultra, Mller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite, Peroni, & Red Stripe all for between $4.75 to $6.00

Hoping this is a new trend in cruising and that they will realize their is a market for more than your 'everyday' beer. :D

I hope so, but don't think it will happen quickly. Even on Oasis, the ONLY place on the ship you can get most of the beers listed is the Globe and Atlas. Not in the dining room or specialities, nor in any of the other bars. Kind of silly, but when I asked why, I was told it was due to the limited supply onboard.

Now, there were stories of amazing service where RCI staff went and grabbed a beer during a meal at the request of the guest, didn't happen for me though.

Thank you for the list! I am a beer lover and can't wait to try a few on Oasis this Nov.

Kathy

Spaten Lager 5.20% $5.75

Glad you all enjoyed the list, I was thrilled to see the dramatic change from my 2009 cruise, they did have two ciders at the pub and one was Strongbow. The menue at the pub was very detailed and thorough and it also described all the different beer types. They also have a 20% off happy hour from 3pm to 6pm everyday on draft beers.

Nice list, one I can certainly live with. I am not sure some of those could be classified as craft beer, they are all from fairly large breweries, but it is a great list considering it is a cruise ship. The prices are not that bad either.

• 2 years later...
Nice list, one I can certainly live with. I am not sure some of those could be classified as craft beer, they are all from fairly large breweries, but it is a great list considering it is a cruise ship. The prices are not that bad either.

The Sierra Nevada definitely qualifies as a craft beer, I am just hoping that the Liberty has at least that.