NOLA natives: I need wine advice!

stephanie13rown

Now, I'm no wine connoisseur, so don't expect a detailed explanation of tannins and pairing...all I know is it's GOOD. And I know it makes it just a little more redneck that I first discovered it at Olive Garden, but that's the truth of it! It's sweet like blackberries or cherries and a little fizzy. Pretty much in love with it. You can order online for like $10.00 a bottle, but I'd rather not go through the hassle of traveling with it if I can find it in New Orleans before we sail out.

And I know it makes it just a little more redneck that I first discovered it at Olive Garden, but that's the truth of it!

That's too funny!!! Doesnt matter where you find it, as long as you find it somewhere! LOL

That being said, Olive Garden wine can be very hard to find. Many of the wines they serve are specifically for them. I'm no wine expert either, just know what I like. Olive garden also has a WONDERFUL Moscato - Costello de Pogio which is on the sweeter side. I don't drink a lot of sweet wine, but I absolutely love that stuff from Olive Garden:D

I tried for months to find it. Found one that is also called Costello de Pogio, and it's close, but not the same. Olive Garden confirmed you cannot get the exact same on anywhere else. Maybe it's the same with the wine that you like.

Good Luck!! i hope you find it!!!!

Don't know where to find it, but where is a good place to purchase wine? We don't sail until April of 2014, but we will be bringing our alotted wine on board with us. Staying in the area of Drury Inn or Homewood Suites, not decided. Thanks for any info!

Mary

Thank you kindly, Bayou Boy! :]

Hi Stephanie,

The one and only Olive Garden in the New Orleans area (out by the airport) carries it at $25 a bottle. However, from what they said, local ordinances prohibits them to sell it without first uncorking the bottle :mad:. I imagine that has to be a deal breaker.

If you wrap the bottle really well it should make it fine in your check-in bags when you fly down. Whenever I go to Miami I purchase a few bottles of my favorite wines bottled in Spain and have always gotten them back home safe and sound. :D

Hope this helps.

Jorge

Archived