Mark McField - GREAT local guide for the Ruins

scootercruzer

My wife and I, along with my extended family of 6 other adults had a great time onboard the Coral Princess doing the partial Panama Canal run back in late March. Thanks to other’s recommendations I was able to book a great local guide in Belize. Our group had a wonderful day with Mark McField. I had contacted him via e-mail several weeks before our trip. Since we had a group of 8, he agreed to take us on a private tour for the day.

Mark is an Archaeologist who offers different tours. He specializes in tours to the ruins. He is extremely knowledgeable and has a passion for his country and history. He speaks clear English and we found his presentation quite fascinating.

Unfortunately my elderly father was ill on our day in Belize. He and my Mom could not make the excursion. The rest of our group was running late and I was concerned we would be too late to hook up with Mark. Luckily he was still waiting for us. He had a van with air conditioning and stopped to pick us up cold drinks.

We saw some of the city on our way out to the Altun Ha ruins. Mark takes care of the admission fee at the ruins and acts as your personal guide inside the site. He brings along some maps and charts to help with his in-depth presentation. We saw other large groups of tourists straining to hear their guide and we realized how fortunate we were to have Marks personalized service.

On the way back to the pier he took us through more of the city, pointing out many sights. We enjoyed our time with Mark and highly recommend him. He was prompt in replying to my e-mails and will work with you to create a customized day for you. He can be reached at MarkMcF@btl.net.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived