Booked first cruise on the Celebration. Should we choose the cabin?

kriscii

We booked our first cruise Red Sea Magic on 29 Nov on the Celebration. All done on a bit of a whim yesterday! Now need to work it all out.

We decide to go with a suite but not sure if it is worth choosing the suite beforehand? It looks like you either see the top of a life boat or the bottom of one depending on the deck. Are there any suites which don't see the life boats? I'm guessing as there is not much difference in location on the suites on deck 7 or 8 that the deck makes no difference? The TA wasn't able to tell us much about the suites other than did we want to choose one.

So shall we just leave it to the luck of the draw? We won't be sitting in the room looking at the view all the time so not sure the value of picking a suite unless there are some that are significantly better.

Probably the first of many questions I'm afraid :eek:

We booked our first cruise Red Sea Magic on 29 Nov on the Celebration. All done on a bit of a whim yesterday! Now need to work it all out.

We decide to go with a suite but not sure if it is worth choosing the suite beforehand? It looks like you either see the top of a life boat or the bottom of one depending on the deck. Are there any suites which don't see the life boats? I'm guessing as there is not much difference in location on the suites on deck 7 or 8 that the deck makes no difference? The TA wasn't able to tell us much about the suites other than did we want to choose one.

So shall we just leave it to the luck of the draw? We won't be sitting in the room looking at the view all the time so not sure the value of picking a suite unless there are some that are significantly better.

Ive just come back from the celebration, we were in suite 059 deck 8, this gave us a view between the lifeboats, cant comment about deck 7. Interestingly whilist there thomsons officers came in to take pictures of the windows, I casually commented that it would be great to have a balcony there, to which they replied it is an option that Thomsons are considering!

However we found the bed vibrated particularily badly in the cabin, it seems the dreaded vibration is consistent through midship, it was enough with the hard bed not to get a good night sleep!:(

• 2 weeks later...

Red Sea Magic is a wonderful cruise itinerary

I can recommended Aqaba Petra...not to missed, a long walk, hot and dusty but worth it IMO, Dead sea also a great place to visit a very hard decision between these two

Port Sokhna, A choice of Cairo tours, Pyramids & Egyptian museum, or Pyramids, Tombs & Memphis both leave the ship early in a convoy of coaches, both are a long day about 11 hours....if you have not been to the Pyramids before then not to missed

The tour that includes the museum is really too much for one day, you dont get too much time in the museum because they have to fit the Pyramids visit in as well, to us it felt quite rushed

Safaga, Luxor & karnack, again if you have not been to the valley of the kings not to missed but yet another long coach ride and a long day

Not very much in Hurghada TBH OK for a coffee somewhere and a bit of haggling in the shops, really quite touristy and a lot of Russians

Sharm, I think on the last day with time permitting they do Quad Biking and a couple of glass bottom boat trips, but its easy to get a taxi from the port into the resort area for a couple of hours, you can just go thru any of the hotels to the beach

Thanks for that, we have a week in Sharm first,have heard that Petra can get cold, so might try Dead Sea. Had thought about the tour that includes the museum so can discount that one now.

Valley of the Kings sounds promising as well.

Cant wait now!

Thanks for that, we have a week in Sharm first,have heard that Petra can get cold, so might try Dead Sea. Had thought about the tour that includes the museum so can discount that one now.

Valley of the Kings sounds promising as well.

Cant wait now!

the wadi rum trip is very good, and is done on both days when in aqaba

We have booked the Luxor overnight trip as people say that the one day trip is very long. The overnight trip has the light show and is only £50 extra and as it is in fact two days the price is a baragin unless you planned to do another excursion at Safaga.

We have booked our Cabin for next year, we had full choice of availability but were Informed that all Suites do unfortunately have some view of life boats, deck 7 we chose and we will have the view of bottom of life boat so it appears

Still appeals to me more than not having any window:)

Archived