Can I bring our own snacks onboard?

crusinfamof4

Sure ..

You might also throw in some sealed stuff, like bars, or little bags of chips. it has to be sealed to take it into ports by law.

but for the cabin .. goodie bags will be fine.

remember pizza is free 24/7, but if they like sugar.. you can bring whatever you like. I sometimes throw in a candy bar myself for a chocolate fix.

You could also grab a piece of say chocolate cake and bring it down to your cabin to save for a midnight snack.. but I get it.. sometimes you want junk food, not dessert or pizza.

for my junk food attacks during the day, I go to the grill and get the homemade chips and put cheese sauce on them..

Here is your whole post. I think anyone reading this would understand your post to mean that you intended that it applies to all ports. You didn't say "some", "many" or "most".

My subsequent comment about anyone purporting to know all the import restrictions wasn't directed at you. It was a general caution to the OP in reading the various responses that could be posted on this point. I apologize if I gave a different impression.

Pringles was the only salty snack type item that we saw in the ship's gift shop. They were $4.95 per can ! I didn't see much chocolate either, just Lifesavers and such.

We usually bring on a can of mixed nuts and a box of chocolates to enjoy in our cabin plus a box of granola bars for excursions.

:)

I think I will bring peanut butter and maybe some Ritz crackers next time. DS doesn't eat a lot of things. The only time I could find peanut butter was at breakfast, and it was the type you scooped into a little tub and was really liquidy. I brought some back for later in the day and picked up a plain wrap from the burito place, as it closes early, for him to put it on, but he didn't like the look of the PB. We brought cans of pop on board but the kiddos barely touched that, I think snack items would have been a better choice.

Jif has peanut butter in little individual sealed packs now. It's called JIF TO GO and comes in an 8-pack. That would be an easy thing to pack and it's sealed so it could go off the ship with you, too.

Yep, we always bring our personal favorite snacks.

We have however asked room service for just a bowl of potato chips or pretzels with them being delivered no problem.

There is also chips and salsa around, by the grill, maybe?

Also, cookies are around and fruit too.

It is chocolate and candy they lack on the ships.

And beef or turkey jerky :rolleyes: :D

Jif has peanut butter in little individual sealed packs now. It's called JIF TO GO and comes in an 8-pack. That would be an easy thing to pack and it's sealed so it could go off the ship with you, too.

We absolutely love these. They're the perfect size, individually sealed, easy for dipping, and the kids think it's a treat because we eat natural PB at home. ;)

As far as the OP, yes, we always bring food on board. You'll never go hungry on a cruise ship, but you might not always be able to get what would best meet your needs. My kids get up early so we've found protein bars with or without PB are a great way to balance their biological need for near-immediate protein with my need to not be running the ship looking for eggs at 5:30am. :p

We always pack protein bars, PB, nuts, and dried fruit.

Archived